White's Featured Customer Stories
Old Fort Prayers Virginia Relic Hunt with White's V3i With an MXT, treasure is only inches away. Lost ring at the Deepwoods Estates

Thread: What pinpointer should I buy?

Detectors
    Ace 350 and Pro pointer

What pinpointer should I buy?

Earlier today, I was metal detecting and wound up digging a massive hole and not even finding anything! I got mad so now I'm thinking about buying a metal detector wand/pin pointer. I have been looking at Garrett models and they seem to mostly get 5 star reviews, if anyone has bought a good model or know of some, please share! All comments are appreciated.

Detectors
    DFX 300, Spectrum XLT, 6000/Di PRO SL, Bullseye II
    Lots of options on the market today. I keep to the basics with a hand held pinpointer. I use the Whites Bullseye II. I find it works very well for me. It had a vibrate and sound mode. Nice and loud and has a sensitivity adjustment. I like it.
    Oldest Coins : Large Cent 1835, Half Penny 1806, No date colonial half penny, 1700's

Detectors
    Spectrum XLT , V3i, Coinmaster6000D, Garrett 1350, Garrett 2500, Garrett pin-pointer, Ace 250, AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030
    I use the Garrett Pro Pointer and love this thing. Once I bought it, it has never left my side. I have hunted for many years just using the coil and I would not be without this. It is a great tool to have and helps get you on quicker to the next target. My wife detects with me and at first did not use it, she used it once and had to buy another. You can't go wrong with this pointer well worth the money.

Detectors
    Ace 350 and Pro pointer
    Thanks Sleddman, I'll surely take that into consideration!

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    DX-1 is the "Cadillac" ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Ace 350 and Pro pointer
    That detector looks great!

Bronze Member
    Detectors
    VX3 , DFX, XLT 950 Coils, 6x10DD, 12" SUPER Bulleye II
    The one that sounds like carrot, but begins with a Gee. I've got three different models, and like the carrot the best. They all work good. When you pull a little # 8 lead bird shot out you know its good.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    If your using the detector that is under your avatar, the DX-1 won't work, so for the money the Whites Bullseye is good and for about the same as the DX-1, the Pro pointer gets good reviews for a hand held...
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    WHITES SPECTRA V3I,10DD.6X10DD,WHITE 12X10 S.E.F.COILS. GARRETT EURO ACE,GARRETT PRO POINTER, LESCHE DIGGING TOOL. . OLDEST COIN FOUND-1295.
    GARRETT PRO POINTER IS VERY GOOD..

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    we got 2 DX-1 and a Garrett pro take your metal detector with if you get one of the Garrett are know some one who got one you could use you get feed back on some detector M6 and MXT and the MXT PRO bad on them good luck and good hunting
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    Ace 350 and Pro pointer
    Thanks everyone, I'm pretty sure I am going to ask for the Garrett pro pointer for my birthday!

Detectors
    VX3 w/950 coil,6x10 coil,4x6coil,Prizm 5G, Bullseye II
    I have both the Whites and the Garrett and I prefer the Garrett

Detectors
    QXT Pro
    I use an XL-1 and would not like to go without one

Detectors
    V3i, DFX, M6 - Coils: Super 12, 10DD, 950, 6X10DD, 4X6DD, 10X12SEF, 6"DD --- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, SpectraSound & Whites/Koss Phones, Lesche Digger
    Pro pointer is a great hand held
    White's Bullseye is good
    $15 pinpointers are bad