White's Featured Customer Stories
Thanks again White's Silver and Gold together So many coins TWO GOOD WEEKENDS 1st gold of the year

Thread: just purchased a used classic id...whats the best coil

just purchased a used classic id...whats the best coil

Hi, I just bought a classic id second hand. It has the original whites proscan 8" coil on it. Is there a better whites or after market coil that would improve it's performance for general coin hunting. The present coil only seems to have a depth of 4 to 5 inches. I'd like to get deeper.
    Thank you for your reply in advance.
    Randy

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    Welcome to the forum !! Your ID is a 6.592Khz unit .... I believe the 950 Blue Max will work on your unit. It's a 9.5" concentric coil. You can see it here: http://whiteselectronics.com/product...rch-coils.html

Blue Max 950 Loop (6.59 kHz) P/N 801-3217-11
    Fits XLT, 6000XL, QXT, IDX, ID, CL III, 5900. Graphite self-shielding housing. Injection foam filling. High performance patented coil configuration.

Open Center design.

Hope this is helpful.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum Randy
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    VX3 w/950 coil,6x10 coil,4x6coil,Prizm 5G, Bullseye II
    Welcome to the forum good luck with your new machine

Thanks, all of you. I'll start looking for the coil right away. I've been away for a while. Made my first MD at age 12 from used parts. Have owned about 10 different whites over the years, I only strayed once and bought a minelab (not a bad unit but I sold it two weeks later for a DFX. I hurt my back so I sold it. I just gave in and ordered a V3i from the Fla. big box store. going to have the classic id hopped up by Mr. Bill and use it as a buddy loaner. Hoping this will get my back more flexable ( I'm only good for about two hours right now. My best find ever........ a one ounce gold nugget in the Mojave Desert.

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    good luck and good hunting keep us posted on your finds
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    QXT Pro
    I thought a classic was 8htz?

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Quote Originally Posted by deputydawg16 View Post
    I thought a classic was 8htz?
    Just the Classic 4 & 5 sold by that big box store..
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    (2) DFX Machines, Eagle II SL 91, Surfmaster II, Coinmaster, PRL-1, Coinmaster Discriminator DB4, V3i with wireless head phones, 2 other brand machine
    Welcome aboard Randy.