White's Featured Customer Stories
Burlington Northern Rail Road Buckle So many coins Silver and Gold together Thanks again White's TWO GOOD WEEKENDS

Thread: Coyotes and a full moon!

Detectors
    White's BHID 300 White's Spectra V3i White's Spectrum XLT White's BullsEye II Pinpointer Sun Ray DX-1 Pinpointer Garrett Pro Pinpointer Vibra-Probe 580

Coyotes and a full moon!

When I brought my dogs in from the back yard tonight the coyotes were really howling up a storm! I don't know if it was the brilliant full moon or if they had just made a kill. Occasionally, I see them through my back fence. There's an orchard behind me then a riverbed and they use the riverbed as a trail up to the mountains. They have actually come to the back fence to "play" with my dogs. One morning I saw one out there in one of those haunches up front end down play postures and I thought it looked so cute! Then another one came up, then another and another and I decided it was time to break up THAT "playdate!" But for the most part they have stayed away. Partially because I read that unneutered male urine will deter them, whether wolf, or human, so I asked my gardener to take his "potty" breaks through the back fence! My neighbor's son, who was working for him at the time, also did it so I guess it might have worked because I never see them that close anymore. It's a lot cheaper than buying wolf urine to spray back there!
    Best finds: GOLD - One 14k wedding band, one 18k pinky ring, one 2.5 gram 14k religious medal, one 10k child's ring with 5 stones: SILVER - One 42 gram chain, one 12 gram bracelet, one heart with glass stones; small child's bracelet with inlaid mother of pearl; COINS - One 1947 Wheat Penny;

AVTHS Member/President

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    If the Gardner doea that too often, it will get quite smelly back there We have a bounty on Coyotes here, so if they came to my back fence,,, $$$$$$$$
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    White's BHID 300 White's Spectra V3i White's Spectrum XLT White's BullsEye II Pinpointer Sun Ray DX-1 Pinpointer Garrett Pro Pinpointer Vibra-Probe 580
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro 54 View Post
    If the Gardner doea that too often, it will get quite smelly back there We have a bounty on Coyotes here, so if they came to my back fence,,, $$$$$$$$
    Na, he only works here twice a week and I don't think he has the capacity (unless he drinks a lot of coffee) to over saturate the area, nor does he do it all THAT often. Just enough to keep some scent going. And the yard is 70' wide so he can space it out.

I don't think we have a bounty on coyotes here, at least none that I've heard of. This morning the dogs were making a ruckus and I looked out and sure enough, a lone coyote was slinking around a fence on my neighbor's property - keeping as far away from my dogs as possible - then headed over to the river when it had a clear path! It was quite a sight!
    Best finds: GOLD - One 14k wedding band, one 18k pinky ring, one 2.5 gram 14k religious medal, one 10k child's ring with 5 stones: SILVER - One 42 gram chain, one 12 gram bracelet, one heart with glass stones; small child's bracelet with inlaid mother of pearl; COINS - One 1947 Wheat Penny;

AVTHS Member/President

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    That "treatment" works for deer too ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    they eat all the cat here we had to take care of one or two them coon is what we have a big deal with get to ever thing but we still say that way a wolf we seen down on the side of the mountain we have a bears come though here from time to time
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by little man View Post
    they eat all the cat here we had to take care of one or two them coon is what we have a big deal with get to ever thing but we still say that way a wolf we seen down on the side of the mountain we have a bears come though here from time to time
    Hey, littleman, I think I'll stick with my coyotes! I'm glad I don't have to worry about bears in my area. I don't think we have any wolves here, either. So far the 6' chainlink fence has kept the coyotes at bay. I just see and hear them. So far, no attempts to make a meal out of my pups! I guess they are finding enough food with the rabbits in the area.

AVTHS Member/President

Detectors
    Coinmaster 4900/D, Spectra V3i and Coinmaster Pro
    Here is the only creature I have to deal with in my back yard. He likes to eat the apples that fall from the tree....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003Small.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	83695

There use to be a bounty on coyotes here in Michigan but not anymore, now there's a season on them for hunting, they use to be open hunting year round but not any more.

Detectors
    White's V3i - 10DD, Super 12, Eclipse 9.5 and 5.3, BullseyeII. Garrett Pro Pointer.
    Coyotes- shoot first ask questions and/or forgiveness later...
    They only want to play untill they find the point where your dogs weakness and thier hunger meet. Though you may hear about them on occasions do you ever see packs of domestic beagle dogs that have gone "wild" or wild bands of persian kittys... Nope- all become coyote food - that's why yotes love the suburbs...
    Hotdogs and regular dog food soaked in the old type antifreeze used to make then "go away" but the formulas changed and it don't work anymore...

Name:	Coyote 1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	83720

Name:	Coyote 2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	83721

Name:	Coyote 3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	83719

In all fairness- the deer was probably hit by a car or something first... Who knows- it was not my camera...
    PEACE
    Last edited by 1more4me; 12-12-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    Finds Not only have I taken the time to double check, bend down, pinpoint, dig and pick it up- you want me to list it too? A zincoln just ain't worth any more effort!

Detectors
    V3i, DFX, M6 - Coils: Super 12, 10DD, 950, 6X10DD, 4X6DD, 10X12SEF, 6"DD --- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, SpectraSound & Whites/Koss Phones, Lesche Digger
    Brat, that's a funny deterrent methodology. Hopefully that's not one of your detecting spots

We have quite a few song dogs around here, now. Hope to thin them out, this winter.

Guess the rest of them will be headed to Washington DC soon.

Detectors
    M6/Dualfield
    intresting!
    "Learning is the eye of the mind."
    Thomas drake 1633

Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in PA View Post
    Brat, that's a funny deterrent methodology. Hopefully that's not one of your detecting spots
    Nope, not a detecting spot! My "back fence neighbor" and I don't get along very well so I'd never be asking for permission to detect there. Probably nothing of interest over there, anyway. It was county land and the original owners of the housing development I live in were told it would always be county land so they would always have access out their back yards. Then somehow this guy finagled the county to sell it to him for his large animal veterinary office and orchard. And access for his neighbors was not part of the sale. They gave me such a bad time when I needed a new septic tank put in that it's left some "bad blood" between us. And his wife is worse! They don't get along with anyone in the neighborhood. So this "remedy" is more than just coyote deterant. It's kind of a "statement!" But I've got to check with my gardner to see how long it's been since he's "treated" the area. I've been seeing coyotes come by regularly lately.

AVTHS Member/President

Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by 1more4me View Post
    Though you may hear about them on occasions do you ever see packs of domestic beagle dogs that have gone "wild" or wild bands of persian kittys... PEACE
    I haven't seen them first hand, but have heard about bands of domestic dogs gone wild - and it ain't pretty! Many domestic stock was taken down by them. As for kitties, not so much. But my sister has had to live with wild parrots in her area where domesticated parrots get lose, find others of their kind, breed and really make a ruckus! Not harmful, but pretty AND pretty noisy!

AVTHS Member/President