White's Featured Customer Stories
Really deep find 1805 Large Cent White's V3i with small coil works on beach  . Lost ring at the Deepwoods Estates Old Fort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Dawg coil

Detectors
    Beach Hunter ID w/950 coil,DFX-E w/ 950, D2 & Bigfoot coils White's Classic 1

Question Big Dawg coil

Has anyone here purchased or heard anything from someone who did purchase this coil about it's capabilities?
    I assume it is a new version of the Big Foot coil made by some new company that figured out what Jimmy S. couldn't.
    The Big Dawg is 20" long and 3" wide but other than a slight difference in length and the fact that it is black instead of off white it's like a Big Foot! I'm curious as to whether it performs like the older Bigfoot coil. And i already realize it's not a White's coil! Just interested in how well (or not) it works.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. B.Franklin
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

Detectors
    Spectra V3i with DX-1 / Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
    Wow! Twenty inches is pretty long. With the trash in my area I'd hit three targets at the same time and wouldn't be able to pinpoint.
    We get old too early and wise too late!!!

Detectors
    PRL 1, M6 (Matilda), BHID 300
    Quote Originally Posted by rchalker View Post
    Wow! Twenty inches is pretty long. With the trash in my area I'd hit three targets at the same time and wouldn't be able to pinpoint.
    same here!
    *************************** To errr is human.....To arrr is Pirate **************************

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    Never heard of it .... Sounds like it would be like use a haybaler for hedge clippers ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    I saw one listed on Flea-Bay and did a Google search of the Big Dog coil company and found out NADA. They don't even have a place of business listed with a address or phone #. Since it looks like a copy of the Big Foot, maybe Jimmy sold his patent.
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    MXT with SENS, TONE, BACKLIGHT MODS, Coils: 9.5", 10"DD, 5.3, 3" x 20" Big Dawg, Grey Ghosts

Big Dawg Coil

I have one and it's great for soccer fields or where you have a large area and you don't want to take all day to cover it. When you pinpoint you just pull your pinpoint trigger and the back half nulls and you are pinpointing with the 3" x 10" front of the coil. You just pull it back until the sound is gone and the target is right in front of the nose of the coil. When using the coil it even gives you a different sound for the front and back so you know which part detected the signal. One beep for the front and two for the back. I use a small coil where it's trashy and the BIG DAWG where I have a large non trashy area to cover. They have a website if you search on BIG DAWG Coil and they have a contact form for questions. Hope this helps, HH
    John

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    man it hard for to use the 12" that thing big then me
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum John ,,,Big dogs only contact is by email. You would think a new company like this would give some information about the coil and themselves. How they come to develop the coil, maybe some info on their manufacturing procedure and where the plant is. A phone #
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    Whites V3, Whites DFX, Whites MXT, Minelab E-Trac, JeTco GTX Huntmaster
    Looks very reminiscent of the Bigfoot coil. A Quarter rake, and ring finder of extraordinary capability.

A fantastic coil...

Detectors
    Looks very reminiscent of the Bigfoot coil. A Quarter rake, and ring finder of extraordinary capability.

A fantastic coil...

Exactly what i thought. That's why i was trying to get information about depth from someone who had one. JohninNC was the only person i saw that had one. I'm sure he hasn't cleaned up like you did yet.
    But i would say he could if it works as well as the Bigfoot. Have you done any air tests with it John? I would like to know how deep it will read a quarter.
    Thanks in advance.
    The other John
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. B.Franklin
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

I think that Cliffy uses a bigfoot on his V3i if I'm not mistaken....

Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post
    I think that Cliffy uses a bigfoot on his V3i if I'm not mistaken....
    I think he has a hotfoot or goldfoot. (maybe a bigfoot too) I have a bigfoot, i just want to know if this thing is as good. Then the bigfoot won't sell on E-bay for $500.00. The bigfoot isn't made anymore and i think Jimmy S. gave up trying to make new ones. If these are as good as a bigfoot they would be a bargain.
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

Detectors
    MXT with SENS, TONE, BACKLIGHT MODS, Coils: 9.5", 10"DD, 5.3, 3" x 20" Big Dawg, Grey Ghosts
    Hello RaZRburn,
    It airtests at quarter at 8 inches.

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    Coinmaster 6000/Di- Spectra V3-V3i, BHID300 Coils-300mm 12"spider coil- 10D2- 6x10DD -4x6Shooter DD, 950 concentric 120mm BullseyeII
    I'm Finding Targets 6 And Up To 8 Inches Of Depth With My Whites 4x6DD Shooter Coil.

Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I'm Finding Targets 6 And Up To 8 Inches Of Depth With My Whites 4x6DD Shooter Coil.
    But which coil would cover a football field faster? Your 4x6DD shooter or a 20" long coil that's like a windshield wiper!
    My batteries only last so long and i don't like hunting in the dark in some neighborhoods.
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    Coinmaster 6000/Di- Spectra V3-V3i, BHID300 Coils-300mm 12"spider coil- 10D2- 6x10DD -4x6Shooter DD, 950 concentric 120mm BullseyeII
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZRburn View Post
    But which coil would cover a football field faster? Your 4x6DD shooter or a 20" long coil that's like a windshield wiper!
    My batteries only last so long and i don't like hunting in the dark in some neighborhoods.
    If Your Wanting Me To Cover A Football, I Would Grabb My Whites 10DD Coil , Which I Have recovered Targets At 10" Inches Deep. It's Not A FootRace, Its Who Can Work Smarter And Recover The Most Treasure. If Some Areas Of Your Football Field Contained Alot Of Junk, Then I Would Use The 4x6DD In Those Sections,Seperating Better Than Your Big Dawg And Maybe Getting As Much Depth. I Tend To Use Three Coils On Alot Of Hunting Spots.

Detectors
    Ya got me there! No way could a 3" wide coil seperate better than your 4" x 6" coil. And a twenty inch long coil wouldn't cover twice as much area as the 10" DD coil. Even walking at the same speed.
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZRburn View Post
    Ya got me there! No way could a 3" wide coil seperate better than your 4" x 6" coil. And a twenty inch long coil wouldn't cover twice as much area as the 10" DD coil. Even walking at the same speed.
    Yep! I Guess Thats Why Everyone Is Running LickittySplit To Buy Them A Big Dawg Coil.... I Guess To Each Is Own... Good Luck Covering The FootballField

Detectors
    Well, i got one and am in the midst of testing it on both the V3i and DFX. So far it looks like the quarter rake of the future.
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

Detectors
    I see their not advertising it for the V series any more

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    But it does work with the V3i on single frequency. The two lower ones. Not the 22.5 though.
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

Detectors
    Spectra V3i with DX-1 / Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
    With that coil being so long. All it needs is two sharp blades put along the sides and it can be used to clear the high weeds from the field too.
    We get old too early and wise too late!!!

Detectors
    Vision V3-BigFOOT, 10DD DFX-DX1 BigFOOT, 4x6, 9.5 XLT- BigFOOT, 9.5. 5.3 Eagle II SL 90-BigFOOT, 9.5, 5.3 Eagle II SL 90- 9.5 Prizm II Pinpointer- Bullseye I & II, Cen-Tech, Vibra Probe 570, Wizard Vib-Probe
    I will have The Big Dawg Coil in a few days...Let the FUN begin :-) I have 3 BigFOOT coils...now to compair--Eagle SL II/BigFOOT, XLT/BigFOOT, DFX/BigFOOT and the VISION/BigFOOT soon to try the Big Dawg Coil ;-)
    Jerry
    Jerry

Detectors
    V3i, DFX, M6 - Coils: Super 12, 10DD, 950, 6X10DD, 4X6DD, 10X12SEF, 6"DD --- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, SpectraSound & Whites/Koss Phones, Lesche Digger
    Cool....I want to get one of the coils I saw on Meteorite Men last night. It was round and had to be 4 feet across - they were dragging it through the field by hand with the detector hip-mounted & they were finding meteorites at 7 feet depth. Makes the big dawg look like a shooter coil.

Hi RaZRburn,

I'm looking forward to your report.

As you know, the Bigfoot coil, when mounted on a M6 or a MXT gives a single beep on the front half of the coil and a double beep on the back half of the coil. But when the Bigfoot is mounted on a DFX or V3 series unit, it gives a single beep no matter which half of the coil is used.

Could you tell me if the BigDawg coil gives a single beep over the whole coil if mounted on the DFX or V3?

Also, as you are probably aware, when the Bigfoot is mounted on the V3, it skews the 22 kHz TID readings. It multiplies the normal reading by 3. Thus a 18 becomes a 54 and a 19 becomes a 57. (by the way, as long as you understand this the coil is very usable on the V3 series units)

When the BigDawg coil is mounted on a V3 series unit, does it also multiple the 22kHz signal by 3?

Thank you in advance for your reply and answers to my questions.

HH
    Mike
    Last edited by detectorfevor; 12-21-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by John in NC View Post
    Hello RaZRburn,
    It airtests at quarter at 8 inches.
    My Whites 10D2 Coil Airtests A Quarter At 13 Inches, So Does The Super 12.. I Have Found Quarters Over 10 Inches In The Ground.Why Do I Need A Big Dawg Coil?? To Cover More Ground So I Can Find Less Older Coins Big Dawg Only Airtest At 8" Right?

Cybersage said it all.

HH

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by detectorfevor View Post
    Cybersage said it all.

HH
    Really?? .... Cybersage Sure Has A Pretty Picture! ..... But John In NC Has A Big Dawg Coil And Said It Only Airtest At 8"in. Help Me Understand What Extraordinary CapabilitiesThese Coils Have Vs. The Ones I Have. Besides Getting More Coverage And 5"in LESS DEPTH??

Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Really?? .... Cybersage Sure Has A Pretty Picture! ..... But John In NC Has A Big Dawg Coil And Said It Only Airtest At 8"in. Help Me Understand What Extraordinary CapabilitiesThese Coils Have Vs. The Ones I Have. Besides Getting More Coverage And 5"in LESS DEPTH??
    Thank you! That picture was from a few years back.

Roadrunner, The Bigfoot coil is not for digging deep targets. The design of figure eight coils, like the BigDawg, and Bigfoot allow for more complete coverage in a shorter amount of time. It is not made for detecting in trashy areas or for deep targets. So what is it for? Well, I use mine for cherry picking high conductive targets such as Quarters and Silver rings in large open areas such as athletic fields, school lawns near playgrounds, and modern parks. By setting your discrimination you can also choose common Gold ring VDI Ranges. I run with no discrimination in the plus side of the VDI range, and use my ears. Multiple tones are a must. I have used my Bigfoot with the MXT,DFX, and the V3/V3i. It is a real gem on the DFX, so that's were it lives most of the time. It is not uncommon to pick up $10 worth of quarters in 2 or 3 hours if your cherry picking the grass fields at a school. Anything in the 80,81,82 range on the DFX gets me excited. I have found a lot of Silver Rings in that range. It's a nice tool to have in the toolbox, but one I would not use for hunting deep Silver.

Jack
    Last edited by CyberSage; 12-22-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Roadrunner, you are obviously an old coin hunter. Your primary concern is depth. The BigDawg coil would hold no appeal to you. But not all of us are old coin hunters. I don't hunt old coins at all. I hunt gold jewelry. It is much different than hunting coins. My primary concern is ground coverage. The more ground I can cover the more jewelry finds I make. The BigDawg coil provides the ground coverage I need to be more successful at what I hunt.

Regarding coil size, these type coils maintain very good target seperation and work well in trash on units that are inherently fast responders or have adjustable filters and recovery speeds.

Regrettably, these are not available for every detector make and model.

HH
    Mike

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    Roadrunner, you are obviously an old coin hunter. Your primary concern is depth. The BigDawg coil would hold no appeal to you. But not all of us are old coin hunters. I don't hunt old coins at all. I hunt gold jewelry. It is much different than hunting coins. My primary concern is ground coverage. The more ground I can cover the more jewelry finds I make. The BigDawg coil provides the ground coverage I need to be more successful at what I hunt.

Regarding coil size, these type coils maintain very good target seperation and work well in trash on units that are inherently fast responders or have adjustable filters and recovery speeds.

Regrettably, these are not available for every detector make and model.

HH
    Mike
    Yep... I Am You Could Say An Old Coin Hunter. However, I Do Hunt Gold Jewelry Too. My View Is You Can Probably Cover The Ground ALittle Quicker Than My 10D2 Coil, But Im Still Gonna Find Gold And Silver Rings Along With The Coins.Im Covering The Same Ground. I Too Can "Cherry Pick" Quarters With The 10"D2 In A School Lot. 1. Why Would I Pay 500.00 For This To "CherryPick" Quarters And Hunt Jewelry "Goldrings",When I can Do This With The 10"D2 In Just a Little Less Time? 2.Tell Me For The Price Of These Coils, What Extraordinary Capabilities Your Coils Have To Find Gold Jewelry That The 10"D2 Does Not.( P.S.) I Would Love To Find More Gold Jewelry Than Old Coins.Tell Me Something Besides You Can Cover More Ground Quicker Than Me.Tell Me Something About The Capabilities That Says I Will Find More Gold Rings And Quarters.

For me, the extra ground coverage equates into more finds with less time and effort spent. Therefore my limited detecting time becomes more profitable and enjoyable. If I'm only going to get in 2 or 3 hours of detecting time every other week or so, then I want to hit as many of my jewelry sites as possible. If I'm using a smaller coil, I'm lucky to hit 1 or 2 of them. With the Bigfoot/BigDawg/Cleansweep style coil I can hit 4 or 5 of them. The more of my jewelry sites I get to hunt, the more jewelry I find.

It also lets me read new sites faster. I can cover a new park or school or atheletic field and tell right away where the areas to focus on are and if it hides a honey hole.

There is nothing wrong with being happy with a smaller coil or a different hunt style or philosophy. And I'm not trying to sell you a coil. But for certain applications they are better than sliced bread.

HH
    Mike

Detectors
    The following information is quoted from Jimmy Sierra's web site. The Bigfoot coil was supported by Whites and carried as an inventory item at most Whites dealers. The $500 price tag is hard to justify for most folks. Supply and demand is why these coils cost so much right now. That means a lot of folks really like these coils. You have to ask yourself why. I originally paid about $230 for my Bigfoot. This is why the excitement over the BigDawg coil. It is much more affordable compared to the Bigfoot. You have a very nice selection of coils listed in your information to the left. I am sure they all serve you well. As stated it is another tool for your toolbox. Consider the following benefits of this type of coil...

Improved Ground Cancellation

Eliminates 85%+/- Ground Noise-Reactivity

Improved Power Line Noise Reduction

Eliminates 75% +/- 60 cycle or electrical power interference

Improved Sensitivity to smaller micro-jewelry as well as coins

Improved Area Coverage per Sweep with full 18 Coverage covering a ball park in the fraction of the time it takes with the standard loops.

Excellent Side to Side Target Separation

If the benefits do not suit your style of hunting then it would in fact be a poor investment for you, but it works for a lot of detectorist. Your perspective does bring up a lot of good points, and this is what makes the Whites forum so great. Perspective, and another chance to learn more about our craft.

Sincerely,
    Jack

Detectors
    Thank you CyberSage! There are sites that i will hit with a regular size coil looking for the old deep silver coins and other old coins. But there are places like high schools that are not very old that will produce plenty of quarters and a few rings that help pay for the equipment i bought. These new BigDawg coils are around $250.00 with shipping! About the cost of a 10" DD coil.
    Less than older Bigfoot coils have been going for on E-bay. And in my arsenel it's gonna get me stuff that other detectorists missed by just inches with their swing coverage.

Not for everyone, but i got mine!
    2014 finds
    Silver coins=18
    silver rings=3
    Class ring=
    Buff =
    I.H. =
    Wheats=70
    Hot wheels=5
    Gold =2

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    For me, the extra ground coverage equates into more finds with less time and effort spent. Therefore my limited detecting time becomes more profitable and enjoyable. If I'm only going to get in 2 or 3 hours of detecting time every other week or so, then I want to hit as many of my jewelry sites as possible. If I'm using a smaller coil, I'm lucky to hit 1 or 2 of them. With the Bigfoot/BigDawg/Cleansweep style coil I can hit 4 or 5 of them. The more of my jewelry sites I get to hunt, the more jewelry I find.

It also lets me read new sites faster. I can cover a new park or school or atheletic field and tell right away where the areas to focus on are and if it hides a honey hole.
    There is nothing wrong with being happy with a smaller coil or a different hunt style or philosophy. And I'm not trying to sell you a coil. But for certain applications they are better than sliced bread.

HH
    Mike
    Cool! The More Jewelry Sites I Hunt With The 10"D2 ,The more Jewelry I Find Too. My Point Is, Im Going To Cover The Same Ground As You. If Its An Hour Later, Ive Still covered The same Ground, RIGHT? Come On Guys , Enough SMOKE and MIRRORS. You Have Not Given Any Real Points Why This Coil Is suppose To Find More Jewelry, Or Coins.... Or Maybe Its Your Detector.... Right? All Of the Things Mike Mentioned Above, I Can Do With The 10"D2. I Have Not Heard Any Of The Experts On This Panel Raving About How You Can Find More Jewelry With This Coil... Why? Or Because You Can Get Down The Football Field Quicker, That Guarantees More Jewelry.

Detectors
    Spectra V3i, M6, MXT Pro, GMT, Classic III SL, Coinmaster GT, IDX Pro w/ Mr. Bill Mods, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT Fisher Gold Bug Pro
    Roadrunner,
    Following your logic, why use the 10" instead of the 4x6 when looking for jewelry? Because you can cover more ground in a given amount of time. Sure, you can cover the same amount of ground with the 10DD as the BigFoot but when you only have 3 hours to detect before dark, the BigFoot or Big Dawg will cover twice as much shallow ground, and it's much quicker to dig a target 3" deep than 8" deep. At many of the newer parks and sports fields, there isn't anything deeper than a couple of inches anyways. I'd make a bet that a BigFoot would find at least 50% more in the same amount of time at most any beach , park, or sports field. I've done it many, many times against numerous club members.

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    Roadrunner,
    Following your logic, why use the 10" instead of the 4x6 when looking for jewelry? Because you can cover more ground in a given amount of time. Sure, you can cover the same amount of ground with the 10DD as the BigFoot but when you only have 3 hours to detect before dark, the BigFoot or Big Dawg will cover twice as much shallow ground, and it's much quicker to dig a target 3" deep than 8" deep. At many of the newer parks and sports fields, there isn't anything deeper than a couple of inches anyways. I'd make a bet that a BigFoot would find at least 50% more in the same amount of time at most any beach , park, or sports field. I've done it many, many times against numerous club members.
    Hi Mr.Slick... If You Would Have Backed Up And Read All My Post Here,You Would See That I Do Use The 4x6 for Jewelry. In Fact I Use Three Coils. Also, The Difference between Digging 3 Inch Vs 8 Inch Targets Isnt Much If You Know How To Plug The Hole And Recover Quickly. If Your Looking To Do A Foot Race At A Club Hunt, You May Win The fastest Award. Why Spend 500.00$$$ On This. Mr. Slick, Tell The Experts, Moderators, And Myself And others On This forum, What Extraordinary capabilities Your Big Dawg Coil Has That Allows You To Find 50% More Jewelry Than AnyBody Else....?? And No Club Hunts ! I keep Hearing all This "Slick" Talk But No Real Proof. (Love to Find More Jewelry) If You Want, Start with The 10"DD Vs The Big dawg. P.S. Who Says That I Only Have To Dig 3 Hours before dark If Thats all The Time Ya Got,Then Sorry About Your Luck.... I Will Find The Rest For Ya The Next Day... Only Thing I Hear from You Big Dawg Folks Is that You Win The "Quick Dawg" Award. Or You Only have 3 Hours to Detect Before It gets dark.

HAHA.
    No smoke or mirrors. The truth of the matter is that these type of coils will spoil you. If I hunted the same amount of time as you did, you wouldn't be hours behind me, you'd be days and weeks behind me. You'd be hunting behind me hoping that I either missed something, or hoping for a fresh drop since I came through, or hoping that maybe there would be something deep there that my coil couldn't reach, or hoping that you beat me to the site. Fact, not fiction.

In fact it sounds like you have lots of free time so the best news for other detectorists in your area is that you are not getting one.

Go back and look at that picture again. Look at the gold rings. How much ground had to be covered to get those? Gold rings are not common losses. If I'm first, you ain't getting them. And if the site is good, I'm going to go over it again a few weeks later as a side trip on my way to another site just to see if I might catch a fresh drop. Might take twenty minutes out of my time to give it a go over before I continue on to where I really want to hunt that day.

But hey, its a hobby and everyone can go at the speed that is comfortable to them.

Later days!
    HH
    Mike

Detectors
    Spectra V3i, DX-1 Target probe, 10 DD, 6X10 DD, Eclipse 950, Eclipse Shooter DD, BeachHunter 300. TRX Pinpointer, XP-Deus
    Hey Guys, we all have different styles, different ideas about hunting. The main point is, we are enjoying what we are doing. The coil choices are many and to me it's a case of what ever floats your boat is right for you. I have a park close to me and I hunted it with 10 DD coil on my V3i and thought I did a great job of clearing the ground. I have since been back many times with the 6 x 10 DD, going nice and slow covering a bit of ground at a time and it's like I had never been there before. It all boils down to what you enjoy doing.
    I don't want the cheese, I just want to get out of the trap.

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    HAHA.
    No smoke or mirrors. The truth of the matter is that these type of coils will spoil you. If I hunted the same amount of time as you did, you wouldn't be hours behind me, you'd be days and weeks behind me. You'd be hunting behind me hoping that I either missed something, or hoping for a fresh drop since I came through, or hoping that maybe there would be something deep there that my coil couldn't reach, or hoping that you beat me to the site. Fact, not fiction.

In fact it sounds like you have lots of free time so the best news for other detectorists in your area is that you are not getting one.

Go back and look at that picture again. Look at the gold rings. How much ground had to be covered to get those? Gold rings are not common losses. If I'm first, you ain't getting them. And if the site is good, I'm going to go over it again a few weeks later as a side trip on my way to another site just to see if I might catch a fresh drop. Might take twenty minutes out of my time to give it a go over before I continue on to where I really want to hunt that day.

But hey, its a hobby and everyone can go at the speed that is comfortable to them.

Later days!
    HH
    Mike
    Hey Mike, If I Told You I Had Some Swamp Land For Sale Down In FL, (Possible jewelry Site) Would Ya Buy It? Don'T Be Fooled By Slick Pictures.