White's Featured Customer Stories
Holy Cow! I really did it today! 1866 Two Cent Piece Whites MXT AllPro gets me a 1794 Liberty Cap Two Cavalry swords found with my DFX Jarnigan & James Research & Recovery September 21, 2014 Hunt

Thread: V3i with 950 Coil

Detectors
    Whites MXT Pro, XL Pro

V3i with 950 Coil

I just purchased a used 3 mth old V3i from someone who had changed the stock coil to a new Eclipse 950 coil. Am I giving up much to leave this coil on there? I was thinking of putting a 6 x 10 Eclipse coil on to use most of the time. I was wondering on your thoughts...

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    The stock 950 is a great all-round workhorse. Its probably the best beach coil, and will see as deep as the 10"DD in light to moderate mineralization. While the depth is better than the 6X10"DD, the latter coil will give you better target separation. Unless you are workin' a trashy area, the 950 will do a standup job for ya' ....

I'd hunt with the 950 'till I found enough goodies to pay for a 6X10"DD ....

Good luck and good hunting !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    MXT PRO w/ 10 "D2, Garrett ProPointer, Etrac, deus
    what 'fox' said.......

Detectors
    Whites V3i, Minelab Excal 1000
    I agree, I like the 9.5 on mine.

Detectors
    Whites MXT Pro, XL Pro
    Thanks guys. I haven't used it enough to understand much. I first used it in factory Coin & Jewelry and ended trying Deep Silver. I liked the way the detector acted with the Deep Silver program. I'm anxious to warm the detector up some more. My father started me on a Whites 66TR years ago and went to the 6000 series next. They were pretty impressive for that time period.

Detectors
    White's V3i - 10DD, Super 12, Eclipse 9.5 and 5.3, BullseyeII. Garrett Pro Pointer.
    Tracy- the 9.5 will serve you very well. The best thing about your combo is that you can tweak the V3i to do what you need it to do with any coil. With some practice, testing, and playing- you can customize the programs to do it all with one coil pretty good.
    If you have a really trashy area set one version of the C&J program with a slower swing speed, faster recovery delay, discriminate out or silence a few more VDI's in the pop top or foil ranges and learn to watch the 3 spectra graphs strengh bars change as you pinpoint and make real small moves around a possible target . In a clean area, run wide open strong and deep. I hunt silver in another tweaked C&J program- Set silver dime and Quarter VDI's to sound off about 20 points higher than anything else. Gives you a real jolt of excitement to hear a real sharp edged high pitch bark out of the blue!

Most importantly- always refer back to this forum and some of the pros as any problem you have- has probably been discussed in detail in the past 10 pages of topics!!!
    Good luck hunting- you got a great tool!

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum,, The 950 is Whites best all around coil ... I use the 6x10 most of the time, just for the seperation factor..
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    the 950 is a hard one to beat we got one for my V3i you can set up the V for any thing to run in to you got SWEEET set up there you can add the 6X10 for the trash place when you get one good luck and good hunting
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go