White's Featured Customer Stories
The giving field Early Massachusetts Militia button Coinmaster does it again! MXT Comes Through Again Good Ol' M6

Thread: White's v3i loop selection and depth

Detectors
    V3i

White's v3i loop selection and depth

Today I was doing some air tests with my 4x6 shooter and I noticed I was getting some very far solid hits away from the detector 12"+ on the 4x6 with silver quarters. I was looking around the menu trying to see if I changed any settings such as Tx boost on and rx gain up to 15 everything was the way I left them for the air test. However backing out of the menu I realized I forgot to select the 4x6 eclipse shooter on the loop selection and it was still set to the D2 coil . I swapped the loop selection to the 4x6 and guess what, lost about a full 2" in depth never a solid hit compared to where I was getting it with the D2 loop selected. Now I ran by this by mistake and I am curious if anyone else has noticed this, I am assuming there is just more power being sent to the 4x6 shooter with the D2 loop selection set. The machine seems to operate just fine with it set this way and if it gives extra depth and I am not just going crazy, I intend to keep hunting that way.

Any info on this out there? I am probably just going crazy been working on setting up programs all week or for that matter like the last 6 months -.-

Detectors
    Spectra V3i with DX-1 / Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
    When you make a change to those settings. It only makes a change to the way the V3i calculates measurements. Nothing would change to the depth you're getting out of a coil.

Detectors
    Oh hey! Welcome to the forum.

Detectors
    V3i
    Thank you for the welcome. And I figured as much been stuck in a hotel room all week tinkering with my v3i. Seems the more I tinker with it the more I am confusing the basics lol. I have practically figured out everything on the v3i ._. but I have a hard time stopping with making programs ' .' awesome machine.

Detectors
    Well all that tinkering is a good thing to do. A lot of people are afraid to play with it thinking they're going to break something. You're going to learn fast doing it the way you are. Keep it up and have fun finding the treasures.

Detectors
    V3i
    This machine is hard to break built like a tank and the restore program features are awesome. But yea learning the v3i is not so bad once you understand all the options it provides separately and combine them into custom machine is almost endlessly customizable which is why I can not put it down -.- now if only it would stop raining out here so i can get out and hunt again

I take it that you change of depth was the reading on the screen and not a physical measurement with a yardstick laid out between the coin and the coil. The yardstick measurement should not change between the two coil selections, but the reading on the V3i will change. At least that is what I have read. I have not tested this hypothesis. Good luck and good hunting.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / IDX Pro / 6000D S2
    Depth reading is a function of signal strength. A quarter that is physically 4" away from the 10"DD coil will read close to 4". However, if you swap to the little 4X6"DD shooter coil, the target signal is weaker. Thus, V3i will "think" the target is further away from the coil, and the depth reading will increase accordingly, and read somewhere around 6" - 7".

Telling V3i which coil you have mounted enables the unit to adjust the depth calculation based on the selected coil size. Neither TX Power nor RX Sensitivity is changed as a result of the coil size selection.

Hope this is helpful.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum ,,,, On your air test, was the 12 inches with the 4x6 measured or what the detector was telling you ??
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    the more you play the more it pay off in the in we have run BATT down sitting on the bed with it going thru all of the program that the way to do it
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    V3i, Omega 8000
    I swapped the loop selection to the 4x6 and guess what, lost about a full 2" in depth never a solid hit compared to where I was getting it with the D2 loop selected.
    This is really strange but stranger things have happened. Perhaps EMI or something changed during the switch. I will have to test this out sometime...
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." ―Yoda

Detectors
    V3i
    yea I wasn't sure it could have been the diffrence in emi, I was in a hotel room testing this waiting for the rain to stop all week ._. but yea I assume lots of emi considering all the electronics around. However it definately was odd, once I get home I'll have to try the test again.

Detectors
    V3i, Omega 8000
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiseredge View Post
    yea I wasn't sure it could have been the diffrence in emi, I was in a hotel room testing this waiting for the rain to stop all week ._. but yea I assume lots of emi considering all the electronics around. However it definately was odd, once I get home I'll have to try the test again.
    I remember when I was a kid and had the Atari 2600 and the game Adventure. There was this hidden key in the game and it unlocked special things. Maybe you found the hidden key in the V3i that only the mods and insiders know about! Shhhhhh...
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." ―Yoda

I find that I do get remarkable depth with my 4x6 shooter and it's not even a nulled coil, that also makes me wonder if the nulled coils swap some of the sensitivity for nulling too.