White's Featured Customer Stories
MXT Pro gets me a rare New Haven Grays Button Recovered ring with the V3i DFX finds silver and gold Bayonets TDI SL Finds Silver and Gold

Thread: Beginner Areas to Metal Detect in Hillsborough and Pinellas Cty Florida

Detectors
    Whites Spectrum XLT

Beginner Areas to Metal Detect in Hillsborough and Pinellas Cty Florida

I hope you folks can help me! I have a Whites Spectrum XLT that is about 7 years old. I have had it out of the bag only once. Every time I get excited about metal detecting I can't find any places to detect at. I'm looking for some school yards, parks, etc. that some of you may have detected in around Hillsborough County or Piinellas County Florida.
    Thanks for your help,
    Scott

Detectors
    DFX, MXT Pro, MXT
    I just drive around and when I see a great looking place I stop and get permission and go hunt... as far as schools/parks go... I look on google/bing maps online and find the elementary schools/parks that have totlots and if their not locked up I go hunt them. My problem is there is not enough time in this life to get to everywhere I would like to hunt...
    Good luck and good hunting to you.

Platinum Member
    Detectors
    XLT/V3i/MXT Pro/BHID 300 Stock 950 Coil,1400 coil,6x10Coil,5.3 coil,4x6 coil, 10"DD,12".
    I use google maps lOoking for schools, parks and Playgrounds.
    George White
    2013-Finds
    3-Quarters
    0-Dimes
    0- Nickels
    7-Pennies
    0-Wheat Penny
    0- Bullet
    0- Silver
    0-Gold
    1- possible gold

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum Scott ,,,,, Most any unfenced school or park is fair game..
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    Google maps or your GPS .... Also, check your local Parks and Rec website ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Welcome to the forum. Gold is frequently found at schools, tot lots and parks. Just make sure you are digging all the positive VDI's!
    If there's one thing I hate more than digging a memorial cent, it's missing a monster gold ring.

Platinum Member VWandSTUDEBAKER's Avatar
    Detectors
    Coinmaster 4000/D Series 2 5900/Di Pro SL, Surfmaster PI, Beach Hunter ID, Vision with V3International upgrade. I have stock 10DD, 6x10, 4x6 DD, Super 12 coils. Whites TRX pin pointer.
    I did a search of your zip code on my Streets and Trips. it shows 105 schools within a 10 mile range.
    V3I-nternational

One mans trash is another mans treasure.....oh so true
    The computer is only as smart as its programmer
    Whites users, Where are you located http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/1963stude