White's Featured Customer Stories
Holy Cow! I really did it today! Recent Civil War and Housesite Digs Two Cavalry swords found with my DFX Another great find found with the XLT Jarnigan & James Research & Recovery September 21, 2014 Hunt

Thread: Whites (Sears) TR/Discriminator Model 321.596420

Whites (Sears) TR/Discriminator Model 321.596420

Hey guys, I have this old Whites (Sears) TR/Discriminator Model 321.596420 metal detector... problem is that I need to replace the coil and do not know where to find one... The part number is 804-2408-502 and is listed as a 8" Loop 4BS2. Any idea on where I can find this, or if there is another coil that I might be able to use... Would really like to get some use out of this detector but with the current coil broken I am scared to take it out.

Any suggestions?
    Cindy

Detectors
    Just About Every Model Ever
    Sorry, this Sears 596420 is older than deolslyfox knew, early to mid 1970's. This model is the same as White's Coinmaster 4/D. Replacement search coils have not been available for 25 years or more. Although the search coil rarely failed on this model.

You would likely have to buy a used Coinmaster 4D off e-bay for any spare parts including the search coil. I have seen them sell for $25 - $35 in working condition.

You would not want to spend a lot of time or money on it. A brand new Coinmaster $179.95, will outperform the 4/D by a huge, huge, margin. Although there are some Southern California beaches where the 4/D really shined (unusually great performance), on the average a new Coinmaster would more than triple the 4/D typical detection depth and discrimination.

The 4/D and its big brother, the 5/D (interchangeable parts) were both huge, huge, numbers for sales units, should be able to find a used one fairly easy for parts.

Howard
    Last edited by showard; 07-20-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum Cindy
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    Thanks Steve. Glad I asked you to chime in. I deleted my post about the Blue Max coil possibly working.

I agree. With a unit this old, new technology is definately the way to go !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    good luck with it we hate to one of the old detector go down give it a good home
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go