White's Featured Customer Stories
1866 Two Cent Piece Whites MXT AllPro gets me a 1794 Liberty Cap Jarnigan & James Research & Recovery September 21, 2014 Hunt Another great find found with the XLT Holy Cow! I really did it today!

Thread: Permits to sell scrap copper

Detectors
    M6, D2 coil, 6x10 coil

Permits to sell scrap copper

Recently here in sc a law was passed stating that you have to now get a permit from law enforcement, provide a photograph, and provide your liscence plate number to sell copper to recyclers. What I was wondering is if any of yall have to go through a process like this to sell scrap copper in your state.

Info about new law: http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14934271
    Last edited by Hunting310; 06-24-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Detectors
    DFX 300, V3I
    What!! That's rediculious. Only need A receipt from the Railroad when selling rail in Wisconsin. Must be A lot of people stealing scrapp.
    The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Detectors
    Spectra V3i with DX-1 / Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
    Nothing like that here in Ohio. Not yet anyways.
    We get old too early and wise too late!!!

Detectors
    DFX 300
    No problems in my neck of the woods, in fact theres a place that will pay you cash no questions asked if the total is under a hundred dollars.
    Happiness is gold or silver in the plug

Detectors
    Whites DFX E series w regular 9.5 coil, 4x6" DD shooter, and 6x10 DD coil Pinpointer Lesche digger
    With the high price of copper, they are trying to discourage theives...

I went to look at a house for sale. Woa! All the copper in the house was snipped!

No laws like that here, you just bring it to the scrap yard

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Here in Oregon we have to wait a week until the scrap yard will mail you a check for the amount of copper or brass. We have had major problems with the Meth heads stealing wire right off power poles and electric company yards. So this week is a wait to see if anyone reports any copper or brass being stolen. It's a pain in the behind having to wait, but it has cut down on the copper-brass thefts.
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    MXT 300
    I think it is a much needed law. Here in SC the crackheads and illegal emmigrants are stealing copper from the utility companys like crazy and now it has spread to water utilities as well, with fire hydrants and manhole covers being sold for scrap.
    Detecting S.C. lowcountry for 35 years

Platinum Member VWandSTUDEBAKER's Avatar
    Detectors
    Coinmaster 4000/D Series 2 5900/Di Pro SL, Surfmaster PI, Beach Hunter ID, Vision with V3International upgrade. I have stock 10DD, 6x10, 4x6 DD, Super 12 coils. Whites TRX pin pointer.
    Just north of here, they are stealing AC units. They assume its for the copper inside. Last time I took anything, I just showed my DL, did a thumb print and they gave me cash.
    Last edited by VWandSTUDEBAKER; 06-25-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    V3I-nternational

One mans trash is another mans treasure.....oh so true
    The computer is only as smart as its programmer
    Whites users, Where are you located http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/1963stude

Detectors
    CoinMaster Pro, Spectra V3i
    Same thing in Belgium you give your id licence plate and then you can get rid of the copper.

This is all by copper thieves that steal the train rails copper and other and want to make money from it.
    That's why they ask id in belgium even for other high valieu metals.

Detectors
    Spectra V3i with DX-1 / Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro 54 View Post
    Here in Oregon we have to wait a week until the scrap yard will mail you a check for the amount of copper or brass. We have had major problems with the Meth heads stealing wire right off power poles and electric company yards. So this week is a wait to see if anyone reports any copper or brass being stolen. It's a pain in the behind having to wait, but it has cut down on the copper-brass thefts.
    Someone in my area just took some transformers from an active power station. They knew how to shut down the station and stripped it clean. Six months ago someone tried that and ended up dead. Wouldn't it be easier and safer to get a job? Why are people so lazy?
    We get old too early and wise too late!!!

Detectors
    Started metal detecting in May of 2009. DFX 300, dx1 probe, 12" spider coil, Eclipse Deepscan DD 1400 coil, Eclipse Shooter "DD" (4x6) coil, Eclipse 9.5" coil, Bullseye II Pinpointer,Eclipse DD (6x10)
    Just have to provide id and a thumb print scan here in Indiana.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    Always somebody out there to "help you" ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    ID here and you get your cash
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go