Thread: Coinmaster 2900/D Trooper trouble

Coinmaster 2900/D Trooper trouble

Well, my older older brother had a 1980's metal detector down in the basement... i brought it up, fixed the battery wire, and it turns on. the red light comes on saying that the battery is working, and the static comes out of the speaker, but as soon as i give the old thing a good swing, the static stops... the red battery light is still on, but the noise stops. I've tried taking it over a coin and everything, but it just stops making a noise. when i turn it off then back on, it does the exact same thing... if somebody could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. if it's something i could fix myself, great! otherwise, i think this thing is going on ebay...

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum ,,,I think this is the right manual for your detector http://media.whiteselectronics.com/m...n%20Manual.pdf
    Give this a read to see if it helps ...
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

yeah, that is the right one haha somebody posted that when i googled the issue... i think there may be a short in a wire or something, but i'm not sure...

Detectors
    M6/Dualfield
    welcome aboard! hope you get it working!
    "Learning is the eye of the mind."
    Thomas drake 1633

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    It could be something as easy as a dirty pot, or it could be a cap that has dried out .... When those old units sit for a long time with no power, they are just like any other piece of 30 year old technology. Without schematics and some troubleshooting gear, your best bet is to contact White's.

If you have the necessary equipment - meter / o'scope, you might contact Carl@White's via PM and ask about schematics. If anybody can help you, it would be Carl.

Good luck !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

well i pmed him... we shall see what happens