White's Featured Customer Stories
Civil War Sword Handguard With My Prizm IV Creating Smiles With White's Metal Detectors DFX finds my oldest King George halfpenny Tuning in to Gold Ryan's First Ring

Thread: Laws pertaining to metal detecting on BLM lands?

Laws pertaining to metal detecting on BLM lands?

I didn't see anything about BLM land. Would the federal rules apply to BLM? Do I need to carry a Notice of Intent just to prospect in the Oregon desert on BLM land?

Crockett

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"

Re: Laws pertaining to metal detecting on BLM lands?

You didn't say what kind of prospecting your intending to do and at what scale. You have to move serious amounts of dirt to have to file a NOI. Just a pick and shovel and gold pan NO. Metal detector NO.
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40