White's Featured Customer Stories
Two Cavalry swords found with my DFX 1866 Two Cent Piece Came behind a metal detecting club and found Another great find found with the XLT Jarnigan & James Research & Recovery September 21, 2014 Hunt

Thread: v3i programs

Cool v3i programs

I'm new to the v3i so be gental.
    Is Fox's C&J Correlate program a factory coin & jewelry program that is modified? If so how? He also modifies the program for trashy areas, how?
    What is an easy way to create and save a program like C&J Correlate?
    What is the best way to make sure that your stock D2 coil is good? or any coil? How deep will a 4 x 6 coil go? I know it depends, give me a range.
    Sorry if this too many questions. Just looking for guidance.

Buckloc

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckloc View Post
    I'm new to the v3i so be gental.
    Is Fox's C&J Correlate program a factory coin & jewelry program that is modified? If so how? He also modifies the program for trashy areas, how?
    What is an easy way to create and save a program like C&J Correlate?
    What is the best way to make sure that your stock D2 coil is good? or any coil? How deep will a 4 x 6 coil go? I know it depends, give me a range.
    Sorry if this too many questions. Just looking for guidance.

Buckloc
    Is Fox's C&J Correlate program a factory coin & jewelry program that is modified? Yes

If so how? He also modifies the program for trashy areas, how? By eliminating "trash VDIs" using the Discriminate Edit function

What is an easy way to create and save a program like C&J Correlate? Make the changes you want. Select Expert Menu. Select Program. Select New. Follow the menu options. After the initial save, if you make more tweaks, just arrow over to the Programs Live Control. Press and hold Enter. Press Menu. Select Save As Defaults. Press Enter.

What is the best way to make sure that your stock D2 coil is good? or any coil? Hold the coil waist high. Set RXG = 15. If you don't see an overload condition, the coil is good.

How deep will a 4 x 6 coil go? I know it depends, give me a range. With the proper setup and an experienced user, the little shooter will see a quarter at 7 - 8".

Hope this is helpful.

If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Prizms, Spectra V3/i
    There's another way to save a program as well. If you want to keep the original C&J in your list of programs, copy C&J program and name your copy with the name you choose before you make any changes. Then make the changes to your new program and save them there. Then you don't have to go an extra step to bring C&J back if you decide you want it too.

Detectors
    3Vi, Nautilus 2b and Nautilus 2ba
    Great question! Nice easy answer! Thanks

Thank you.
    C&J program is good for finding gold? If so, do you have some tips on finding gold and or rings? I may be passing them up.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    Gold VDIs in the range of -6 to about +55. If you pass up signals in this range, you could be leaving gold behind .... "If you want all the gold, you have to dig all the trash ....".
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum ,,, Fox gave you the scoop ... You will dig lots of pull tabs and foil looking for the gold ..
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    v3i,beach id,surf pi
    hi fox, i hate to appear stupid but i had a similar problem to buckloc. i have always modified the existing programs to suit but never created & saved a program on the v3i. when i studied your program i put most settings into the hi pro that were available from the 6 block menu. some settings didn't show & i presume they were in the expert menu. i copied your instructions on creating & saving a program.---thanks bob

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    welcome good luck and good hunting
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go