White's Featured Customer Stories
Whites MXT AllPro gets me a 1794 Liberty Cap 1866 Two Cent Piece Came behind a metal detecting club and found Jarnigan & James Research & Recovery September 21, 2014 Hunt Holy Cow! I really did it today!

Thread: Spare parts for the DFX

Detectors
    whites dfx, DX-1 probe, 9.5 stock coil, 8x14 DD

Spare parts for the DFX

Hello there Guys and gals

I have recently required a DFX in good working order, however there is some damage to the fron half of the display housing (marks on the window, keypad and front portion of the housing)

i would like to know if these spares are available? i have contacted whites uk with my request but im still yet to have a reply

Many thanks

Mathew

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    You can get the window replacement from the White's website. http://whiteselectronics.com/product...mentparts.html

You'll have to talk to the factory / authorized repair center for the keypad / housing.

XLT® & DFX™ Window Decal
    Peel and stick replacement LCD clear protective decal. Replace worn, scratched, or damaged LCD outer window (clear decal).
    P/N 624-0301

Hope this is helpful.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    If the keypad is still functioning alright, I'd just leave it alone until the DFX had to go in for another repair. A battle scar just gives it character ...
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    I guess your right no real harm in the way it looks as long as it performs well, i have just seen the clear window in the parts section so i'll be ordering it shortly

guess i could request the other cosmetic parts once i send it in for a service

Many thanks for the reply's fellas

Thanks

Mathew

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    have a good one good luck with the DFX would love to go hunting over there got to talk to the brother in-law he may like to go
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    Thanks Little man, you will be more than welcome over here, choose your site well and you will be rewarded ;0)

I have just had an email from Whites uk in Inverness and the total cost for the parts will be £23 or $35 thats with the P+P

Not bad id say

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Thats plenty cheap for sure
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    Spectra V3i ,4x6dd, 6x10dd,11dd,12" coils, SunRay DX-1 Probe, DFX 950 BHID 300, Dual field PI,
    Just be careful with the little black retainer tabs on the bottom of the keypad faceplate bezel,they snap off real easy which will probably happen when you goto take the old one off.I have recently replaced mine for that problem because when not snapped tight the display will malfuction.