White's Featured Customer Stories
DFX finds silver and gold A Great Afternoon with a Bonus! Recovered ring with the V3i MXT Pro gets me a rare New Haven Grays Button Bayonets

Thread: Whites GMT vs Gold Bug 2

Whites GMT vs Gold Bug 2

Anybody have any thoughts on the GMT vs the Gold Bug 2 for gold,,,,,,,,,,I've got to have one or the other
    DD
    Old, Bold and lookin' for Gold

Re: Whites GMT vs Gold Bug 2

http://bb.bbboy.net/alaskagoldforum-...m=2&thread=349
    Nugget Detector Opinions by Steve Herschbach
    This is a great article on comparing gold detectors. This quoted by Steve: "I often compare the GMT and Gold Bug 2 as both are very popular in the Anchorage area due to their small gold abilities. I view the GMT as a Cadillac, with all the bells and whistles. The Gold Bug 2 is more like a manual shift 4WD truck. The GMT is technologically superior, but the Gold Bug 2 is better built for off-road use. It all comes down to if you want a Cadillac or the truck!"
    Another detector to look at is the MXT, I have had excellent luck with it as a gold prospecting detector.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"

Go with the GMT. You won't be sorry you did.
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

GO with the MXT you will have it all!!!!

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"

MXT ?? He's from Maine, most of the gold there will be to small for the MXT to detect. The GMT will detect a speck 1/10th of a grain in weight, which is just a speck so small I have to pan my signal to find it.
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

nitro, i lmao! thats funny.
    CLAD COUNTER 2007 <br />Pennies:..................1008<br />Dimes:.....................357<br />Quarters:.......

Detectors

Why buy a truck, when you can get a caddie for about the same price? The GMT is not a difficult detector to learn. If I can anyone can. If you do get the GMT I strongly suggest you get the video with it. You will learn more In's and outs about the GMT in 1 hour than you would in a dozen trips into the Field. My last time out I got tired of chasing specks, so I put on my 14 inch coil thinking that would desensitize my signal. WRONG, instead of chasing fly specks of gold at a few inches, now I was digging 5 to 8 inches chasing specks. . As you will find out, some gold areas have a lot of trash iron. I love the iron ID on the GMT, so you won't be digging iron signals. When you hit iron it will make a distinctive grunt. Now go fill your poke with that yeller stuff. HH

FNH FNX 40

If you just want to use it for gold prospecting,I'd go with the GMT. But if you want an all around detector get an MXT. I am faced with the same choice myself. I am going with the MXT becase I plan to hunt relics,jewelry,coins,ect, as well as nuggets. Whatever your choice just make sure it's a White's

Thanks for the help everybody,,,,,,,,all I need now is the $$$$$$$$$$ I'll let you know what I end up with.....
    DD
    Old, Bold and lookin&#039; for Gold