Thread: Newbie, coinmaster for beach?

Detectors
    Prizm 6T, BH300, Sunspot 8.0 scoop

Newbie, coinmaster for beach?

Hello all, new to the forum. Just purchased the coinmaster to get started in the new hobby, will it work ok at the beach, in the wet sand? Thx to all!

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    Welcome .... Yes .... Your Coinmaster will work in the wet sand. Just go down to the wet sand and set up. Keep your coil from physically touching the wet sand. I would recommend that you use very little discrimination or run in All Metal mode as you don't want to knock out small gold. If you get a lot of chatter, you may have to drop your sensitivity a tad.

Remember, your detector is an 8Khz, single frequency machine, so if you move from the wet to the dry sand, or vice versa, you should do a ground balance.

Hope this is helpful.
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    thx deolslyfox, what is meant by ground balance, not on the machine? hope these ? arent to stupid, just gettin started!

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Welcome to the forum Coastie ,,, Let us know how it went for you ...
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    DFX, Prizm IV, Surfmaster II, TDI, and some older Whites models...
    Just run parallel to the water. If you go in the water you may have some falsing as the sea water goes over the coil when the waves come in. It's better when the coil is either out of the water or under the water.... just not inbetween.

You may also have some falsing in the transition area between wet and dry sand.

Freshwater beaches are different and you can hunt those easily. Salt water can be a bit tougher.
    Last edited by deolslyfox; 12-21-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: At request from White's
    Yes, my detectors DO fit in my Miata!

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
    thx deolslyfox, what is meant by ground balance, not on the machine? hope these ? arent to stupid, just gettin started!
    When you get to the wet sand, just stand in one place and bob the coil up and down a few times. Your machine will take care of everything for you ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Thx for the info, will give it a try.....HH

Detectors
    WHITES COINMASTER PRO
    I was told by a Whites dealer that you cannot ground balance the Coinmaster's... I have the Coinmaster Pro and even asked him about it and he said nope... So how am i supposed to figure out who is telling the truth or not...
    Stephen

(Old wise man once say, Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to bangkok...)

Detectors
    V3i (SpectraSound) / MXT- Pro / IDX Pro - DX-1 / Bullseye II - Bullseye TRX Pinpointer
    Welcome to the forum... .... And we like pictures of your finds...
    V3i - MXT Pro - IDX Pro - 2014

$ - 1
    H - 2
    Q - 116
    D - 207
    N - 77 (8 %)
    P - 491
    CC - 893
    Total$ - 60.46
    Rings - 20
    (Silver) - 2
    (Gold) - 2
    (Tungsten) - 0
    Oldest Coin - 1897 IH Cent
    1923 Liberty Peace Silver Dollar - 1858..1958 Canadian Commemorative Silver Dollar
    Silver Coins - 1 - ..... " You Just Never Know What Will Turn Up Next...or...From Where " ....

Detectors
    yea, bobbin the coil up and down does not ground balance the coinmaster, it is pre-set. Didnt do well at all on the wet sand, did ok in dry.

Detectors
    WHITES COINMASTER PRO
    Im taking mine to myrtle beach this summer, i cant wait ive always wanted to detect at the beach....maybe ill have upgraded by then also ...!!! HMMMM.....
    Stephen

(Old wise man once say, Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to bangkok...)