White's Featured Customer Stories
DFX finds my oldest King George halfpenny DFX digs alot of pennies at old house site Coinmaster Pro Finds 10K Gold With Cabochon Ruby 236 Civil War bullets from one hole. GT does it again!

Thread: White's Eagle II PROgramable Metal Detector

Detectors
    V3X, garrett AT Pro, tekentics delta 4000 garrett pro pinpointer

White's Eagle II PROgramable Metal Detector

One for sale on Ebay - any advice and info would be appreciated.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    The Eagel II was / is a good unit .... It was the follow-on to the Eagle I, and those two units actually represented the first "software upgrade" to a White's machine. For around $85 or so, you could get a new chip with new firmware installed in your Eagle I to make it an Eagle II.

If the price is right, ($100) you'll have fun with it. If its the Eagle Spectrum on e-bay, I'd pass for that $$ .... You can get as good / better performance with the Coinmaster ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Gold Member
    Detectors
    TDI, Eagle Spectrum, Goldmaster II, Bandido II Equipment: Mini Highbanker and Spiral Gold Wheel
    Have to say Da Fox is dead on the money with his information.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Fox is right,,, besides it being old and heavy
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Silver Member
    Detectors
    Detectron 1973 Garrett about 1980 White's Eagle with update chip before I got it to a Eagle ll 1988 Currently White's M6 also a older Eagle ll 1988 blue box 950 coil

Eagle ll on Ebay

I seen one on Ebay a while back. If it was one I could go see and check out the condition I would buy it. I owned one in 1985. I think it was the best detector I ever owned. I found dimes down 10 to 12 inches. I found a lot of very old coins with it . I am just hoping my M6 is equal to it. Someone on Grand Rapids Michigan Craigslist wanted $350 for one with a bad speaker. Too much for it from what my dealer told me.

Did you get the Eagle ll on Ebay?

M6 bye White's Greenville Michigan

I would say you will probably do better with the M6 myself.

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    we got a guy here in town that still hunt with one he like like it but the M6 dose as good to me it dose
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    MXT

"old" machine compared to new

Quote Originally Posted by Michaletime View Post
    I seen one on Ebay a while back. If it was one I could go see and check out the condition I would buy it. I owned one in 1985. I think it was the best detector I ever owned. I found dimes down 10 to 12 inches. I found a lot of very old coins with it . I am just hoping my M6 is equal to it. Someone on Grand Rapids Michigan Craigslist wanted $350 for one with a bad speaker. Too much for it from what my dealer told me.

Did you get the Eagle ll on Ebay?

M6 bye White's Greenville Michigan
    I just bought a White's MXT with a 9.5" coil. Do you think it will detect coins down that deep (10 to 12 inches)?

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    if the ground not real bad it will do the job just listen for the real low single you can add a 10 DD coil it a killer with that one
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Detectors
    MXT

Could you clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by little man View Post
    if the ground not real bad it will do the job just listen for the real low single you can add a 10 DD coil it a killer with that one
    Let me see if I understand: what do you mean by "if the ground's not real bad?" I'm new at this, so what's the difference between bad ground and good ground? By a "low signal" do you mean low in volume, or low in tone (like a bass vs. a soprano in singing?) And could you describe what a 10 DD coil is? Thanks for your help and patience.

Silver Member
    Detectors
    Detectron 1973 Garrett about 1980 White's Eagle with update chip before I got it to a Eagle ll 1988 Currently White's M6 also a older Eagle ll 1988 blue box 950 coil
    This is a old post so what I am saying is for anyone buying a old Eagle ll or the Eagle with the update chip in it making it a Eagle ll. Unless your interested in learning electronics don't pay much for it. I am working on fixing one I bought and you will be working on equipment that the parts are about done for. In reading they have 10 to 20 years of life. I am talkng about the IC chip. Maybe they last longer but it said manufactures said they would last about that long. Look up on eproms or eeproms. If it was a brand new machine some have told me they would pay nearly $1,000 for one if they made them today. The programing you can do with them was great. I loved the one I had back about 1988 with the update chip in it. I found dimes down 10 inches in a hunted out park. So I agree when someone says they are not worth more than $100.
    M6 Mike
    If still in good working order you will be able to easily make it pay off.

Silver Member
    Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Raci570 View Post
    I just bought a White's MXT with a 9.5" coil. Do you think it will detect coins down that deep (10 to 12 inches)?
    Well all I can say is what I have said . I found a 1957 Wheat down 10 inches that was the reading on my M6. And that is about where i found it to be.
    M6 Mike

I think the better detectors on up above mine may find deep coins a little easier then mine but I guess my way works to get me a deep coin. I find when I get a coin reading and it isn't at the depth it said it would be it is some other metal down 2 or 3 inches more in depth now why is that? Seems like iron and steel are usually deeper than the depth they read at by 2 to 3 inches. But not paying a lot of attention to this I am unsure of that statement as something that always happens. i dig the little more and retrieve the trash item , check the hole and cover it over and move on. Tossing the trash in a dumpster later or a trash bucket. I have enjoyed metal detecting off and on for 38 years now going on 39.
    Last edited by Michaeltime; 12-17-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: adding a little more

Silver Member
    Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by Raci570 View Post
    Let me see if I understand: what do you mean by "if the ground's not real bad?" I'm new at this, so what's the difference between bad ground and good ground? By a "low signal" do you mean low in volume, or low in tone (like a bass vs. a soprano in singing?) And could you describe what a 10 DD coil is? Thanks for your help and patience.
    For me when I say low signal I mean volumn you have to listen for it if not wearing headphones you might miss it if the wind is blowing a little but the detector picks it up if your watching the display. The Eagle with the update chip I had making it a Eagle ll got me maybe 10 or more dimes in one spot in a worked out grounds of a old school turned into a town park at pitchers mound and between first and second base. Have you ever seen how they show the signal going down in the ground ? Down deep you don't have as wide a signal so it is a shorter time you get a signal from a deep coin.
    M6 Mike

Silver Member
    Detectors

Buying old detectors may be a mistake unless you want something to play with

If you can't check it out you may find yourself with the problems I have. Don't buy it unless you can see that it is in good working order. Friends brother has a coin master and it works good he is thinking of finding one. I am talking about the old ones with just a meter a TR unit. They disc and you dig it all. Good headphones will add to the depth you find coins. I have new TDK WR700 wireless on my M6. I just hope they last for many years to come. They work fine on the M6 and many other models. You can last I knew a week ago buy them for $99 and they give me free shipping. I wouldn't detect with out them as I hated catching my knee on the corded ones, jerking the headphones half off at times.
    M6 Mike
    Type in TDK WR700 Newegg.com in your browser they will have a different model number when they show you what you ordered or when I had them email me something it was different but they will ship you the wireless headphones I mentioned. I read about auvio 33-283 from RS and they don't sell them no more from what I seen of those they are the same size as my new wireless and the transmitter is the same size. It is very easy to connect the transmitter to the detector. Turn on the detector then the transmitter and the headphones wait a few seconds , you may have to unplug the transmitter and plug it back in if not in tight but headphones and transmitter turn on and you will hear a good sound. I use tone mode and just dig the high tones some nickle tones. Mostly unless deep I leave the zinc tones and iron.