Thread: Western Tennessee

Detectors
    Whites MXT / 950 - 4x6 dd shooter coil

Western Tennessee

I've seen lots of TN members posts mostly from middle and eastern part of the state but I'd like to see how many of us metal detects that lives here in the Western part.
    I have been to several parks around here and have never seen anyone else metal detecting but with a whites dealer only around 30 miles away I am sure there's got to be a few others in the area so lets see if I'm right or wrong.

I live just on the west side of Jackson just outside of the city limits and have been into metal detecting about 3 years now and currently use an mxt.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    I very seldom see anyone else while I'm out, but sure can see where they've been
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    Spectra V3i /MXT / Blue and grey
    Middle TN. here
    Let's hear from all you TN. hunters!!!
    Welcome to the forum RounderRick.
    **********Swinging Whites since 1978**********

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    You TN guys are in a wealth of Civil War relics !!!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD Coils
    Hidy RR. Here in Kenton about 35 miles north from you. & you got a gold mine of civil war stuff in Jackson. I beleave the mayor used to hunt around their a little. Have you ever found any around their. H.H.
    Civil War Nut

Detectors
    Whites MXT / 950 - 4x6 dd shooter coil
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil War Nut View Post
    Hidy RR. Here in Kenton about 35 miles north from you. & you got a gold mine of civil war stuff in Jackson. I beleave the mayor used to hunt around their a little. Have you ever found any around their. H.H.
    Hi C.W.N. , I use to run an RC cola route and Kenton was one of my towns but that was back in my younger days (where did they go. lol).
    Wow didn't know the mayor was into it hope he still is that would be good for the hobby.
    To be honest I just got into detecting about 3 years ago when I developed diabetes I had been wanting a metal detector for years so with doctors telling me to walk I decided I'd get one so I got a cheap-o was all I could afford.
    Just coin hunted but loved it so the first of this year I invested in my new mxt and while it's been so hot I've started do research on the civil war around here so maybe this fall will give that a shot.
    Oldest find so far is a 1900 v, several wheaties oldest one of them being 1936 but no silver did find a ring but my wife claimed it before I ever got it cleaned. lol
    Good to see someone in my neck of the woods, maybe we can meet up sometimes when it's a little cooler.

Detectors
    White V3I ,Prism IV, Blue and Gray, and the 6000
    I am coming over to Jackson with a buddy of mine to go Relic hunting as soon as it cools down.My buddy hunted over there about ten years ago and done pretty god. you are more than welcome to join up with us and go.We going to hunt there a few days and then to mississippii we go.the guy I hunt with is 65 and he has been hunting since the early days of detectors and it has always been with a White. Lee
    Men plan God laughs...

Detectors
    Spectra V3 , IDX PRO , PrizmIII , Coinmaster 6000 D
    Hello, I live about ten miles south of Union City , Tn . I guess I've been hunting pretty often for the last ten years . My grandfather gave me my first detector back in the 80's , but I didn't go hunting with it very much. I really enjoy going now , if it's not too hot ....

I live in jackson and new to metal detecting if anyone want to find a place to go and hunt just let me know.

Detectors
    bounty hunter ex (wife bought for Christmas 2010) whites dfx I bought 31days later. yes I got the fever! 9.5, 12" and 6x10 coils

Hey I live in Jackson too !

I never saw anyone either till I got a metal detector, but now I'm always looking on the sides of the road for somewhere to detect. LOL. Maybe I saw you!

Hey need help, just got in to detecting and kinda need some guidance on the defferent tones. I live in Henderson, Tn but do alot of digging in South Jackson, where my brother lives is (or what I heard) was in the path of the Civil War, hunted his fields twice but no luck. Not sure what to put my settings on to pick up lead balls or anything else for that matter except trash, getting good at finding trash. Anybody, I need help I have an Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 Metal Detector.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2
    Welcome to the forum !!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    TDI Pro V3i MXT Pro MXT two Sun-ray dxi-1 4x6 two 6x10 eclipse 950 10" two 12" super 8x14 deep scan 12" dual field 7.5 DF 3x6 mono 5X10 folded 8 10x14 mono Headphones Gray Ghost Ultimate GG Black widow Sun ray Pro Gold
    WELCOME to the forum we are in the east TENN you guy have all the nice place to hunt good luck and good hunting
    live it, love it, thank it, dig it, low and slow is the way to go

Im in West TN..Jackson,Bolivar area...if anyone wants to hunt just post a reply.