White's Featured Customer Stories
Virginia Relic Hunt with White's V3i Lost ring in the riding arena Prayers 1805 Large Cent Rare Find with a Great Detector -Coinmaster GT

Thread: V3i Programs

V3i Programs

I was playing with the new i the other day and found nine more programs in the Libuary that I didn't know was there Were these in the first edition or just added to the upgrade ? The manual doesn't mention them as far as I could find I would like to read more on them and there verious uses.
    DFXDon
    You have reached the end of the trail, The buck stops here!! DFX DON St.Paul MN
    Detectors owned & used Whites Conquistador, Spectra V3i, & Vision w/v3i upgrade, DFX,GMT,XTerra 705,Explorer SE Pro,Garrett 2500,AT Pro,Ace 250, Fisher Gold Bug Pro,Garrett Pro Pointer,SunRay DX1 probe.

Detectors
    V3i, TDI, Surf PI DF, BeachHunter 300
    What were the names?
    May the ground greet your shovel, the sun warm your face, and may all your targets be treasures!

They are shown on page 39 of the I manual , I was reading on some past post's and this has been brought up be for I am sorry for bringing it up again But I would like to see more on what to use them on Instead of trying them all out. I guess I just like to read more.
    DFXdon
    Detectors owned & used Whites Conquistador, Spectra V3i, & Vision w/v3i upgrade, DFX,GMT,XTerra 705,Explorer SE Pro,Garrett 2500,AT Pro,Ace 250, Fisher Gold Bug Pro,Garrett Pro Pointer,SunRay DX1 probe.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Thats a lot of factory preset programs. I don't remember seeing that many in the V
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    TDI Pro w/stock coil
    I saw those in the new manuel when I was reading thru it today.......
    And it shall come to pass that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

yep...there are 19 preset programs built into the V3i...only the first 10 are visible on the main screens...but the other 9 are accessible from within the Library... there isn't any inof on them posted from Whites...you'll need to play with them to see how you like them or not like them....so far not many people have posted as to their likes or dislikes on those extra preset tprograms yet...but I'm sure people will start posting as soon as more find them in the V3i...

Detectors
    bounty hunter eagle spectrun coin master 5,000 minelab e-trac the v-3i currently the ctx 3030
    yes but i think that some kind of basic info is needed as to what each program is good for, before they can be tested or used. for some kind of idea as to what the program is for.

i agree we need more info on those programs

sarge

Detectors
    Prizms, Spectra V3/i
    beep dig is just a basic it beeps when it sees something and displays "dig" for you to dig it.
    MXT is Carl's best guess at emulating an MXT
    There are some color theme programs - the themes you see in the configure screen are all programs. Chestnut, pine, sunshine, dusk, fireside, and I think a couple more. Don't have them memorized. They will work if you choose them, but their settings are not set up for hunting - so they will not be good programs to use other than for the purpose they are intended for - colors.
    Coin is the old coin program on V3. Not removed, just moved out of the list that you see.
    Alluvial scan is a prospecting program that has the prospecting scan enabled. Might be a couple other setting changes from Prospect.

Detectors
    bounty hunter eagle spectrun coin master 5,000 minelab e-trac the v-3i currently the ctx 3030
    thanks that gives a person some idea of where to start, this is info that should have been in the manual

sarge

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    With the exception of the legacy "COINS" program and the MXT emulation, the additional setups are just "demos" to show "themes".

The MXT program, along with the others have been discussed previously.

If you take a second to review the settings, you'll see that these programs, AT BEST are simply there as thematic samples and to demo capabilities.

Other than the COINS setup - which you can easily replicate with the C&J program or the MXT program, I would recommend that you take a look, enjoy the colors, and say "that's nice".

Hope this is helpful. Da FoX
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thanks guys that is about what I was thinking some good replies It sure is nice to run a thought or problem buy you all and get such nice and prompt replies.
    DFXDon

Detectors
    thanks fox i dont have the knoweledge needed to interpret what all the settings do so until then it sure is nice to be able to depend on you guys for answers

sarge

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2
    You could use those and the factory preset programs to get familiar with the "main" settings and what they do, while at the same time, become familiar with the Owner's Guide and with the menu structure within Spectra.

Look at the program. Look at each setting, and see what you "THINK" it does based on its "name". Then look it up in the manual and see what it says. Then look it up in the machine and use the on-board Quick Reference to get a bit more info. By the time you get thru a few programs, you'll find that most are just variations in Sensitivity, Tracking speeds, Filter used and level of discrimination.

If you learn to balance sensitivities, adjust tracking speeds, select the right filter for your sweep speed and ground, all you'll have to set is the level of discrimination - eg: what you want to "accept" and what you want to "reject". The rest of the things you will generally set up once ....

Hope this is helpful. Da FoX
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.