White's Featured Customer Stories
Silver and Gold together TWO GOOD WEEKENDS Thanks again White's So many coins 1st gold of the year

Thread: good v3i program setup

good v3i program setup

i need some help with a good program setup for the v3i. i use the d2 coil. i'm also having trouble missing targets when pinpointing. thanks for any help.

Detectors
    Whites V3i DX-1, D2, 4x6DD, 6x10DD, Super-12, 8x14DD

Re: good v3i program setup

You need to turn the VCO "On". It comes from the factory turned off. This should help your pinpoint issue.

Keep Hunting
    KYBuzzBox
    Another day on the right side of the dirt! - Antsy McClain
    Whites V3i DX-1, D2, 4x6DD, 6x10DD, Super-12, 8x14DD

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2

There are numerous Spectra programs posted on the forum, including some "Cherry Pickers" from Robert, a Correlate-based program from CyberSage and a couple "meat and potatoes" setups from moi ....

Keep in mind, foremost, that what works best for Robert, Jack or me may not be the BEST setup for you. Regardless of what factory / custom setup you choose, you will most likely have to "tweak" it to optimize performance for YOUR area and YOUR style of hunting.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/...c,43294.0.html Robert

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/...c,45548.0.html Jack (embedded in post)

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/...c,38112.0.html Da FoX

Also keep in mind that these programs require at least a modicum of understanding of the features / functions that are unique to Spectra. I'd recommend that you have your Owner's Guide handy while you're making the changes, so that when you go into the field, you'll have an idea of what and how to "tweak" the setup you're running to optimize it. AKA - if you don't know how / why it "works", you won't have any idea of how to "fix" it if it doesn't, and you'll get frustrated. EG: - a bit too much RX / DS sensitivity can mean the difference between a very smooth program and a "chatty" one !!

Hope this is helpful. Good luck and good hunting. Da FoX

If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

on roberts programs, how do you change the custom tone id's

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue
    on roberts programs, how do you change the custom tone id's
    See page 31 of your V3i Owner's Guide ....
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"

Thanks Fox, another bookmark for a future date
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

thanks fox for the help

Detectors
    Spectra V3i DFX MXT

planning the big jump myself. bookmarked......
    Sacramento, CA

Detectors
    V3i & DX-1, MXT & DX-1, GM2, 6000Di,

Quote Originally Posted by DaleGM
    planning the big jump myself. bookmarked......
    Well Dale I got my Viision upgraded to a V3i so if you do make the jump and get the V3i and need some one to compare settings with just drop me a line, Iím just around the corner. I wonít say Iím an expert but I have been using a V3 for about a year now.
    Semper Fi & HH Carl
    All the Whites V3i Coils & a BigFoot, DX-1, MXT, GMII, 6000Di

Detectors
    DFX300 with the 12'' coil, 9.5 coil, 6x10 coil, 4x6 shooter coil, and the Sun Ray DX-1 probe, Lesche Digging Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by DeolslyFoX
    There are numerous Spectra programs posted on the forum, including some "Cherry Pickers" from Robert, a Correlate-based program from CyberSage and a couple "meat and potatoes" setups from moi ....

Keep in mind, foremost, that what works best for Robert, Jack or me may not be the BEST setup for you. Regardless of what factory / custom setup you choose, you will most likely have to "tweak" it to optimize performance for YOUR area and YOUR style of hunting.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/...c,43294.0.html Robert

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/...c,45548.0.html Jack (embedded in post)

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/...c,38112.0.html Da FoX

Also keep in mind that these programs require at least a modicum of understanding of the features / functions that are unique to Spectra. I'd recommend that you have your Owner's Guide handy while you're making the changes, so that when you go into the field, you'll have an idea of what and how to "tweak" the setup you're running to optimize it. AKA - if you don't know how / why it "works", you won't have any idea of how to "fix" it if it doesn't, and you'll get frustrated. EG: - a bit too much RX / DS sensitivity can mean the difference between a very smooth program and a "chatty" one !!

Hope this is helpful. Good luck and good hunting. Da FoX

I would rather be lucky then good....

1st Cor. Chapter 13

Horse Sense Is The Result Of Stable Thinking

Jim

Detectors
    Spectra V3i, MXT PRO, MXT 300, XLT
    Howdy Folks!
    Unfortunately, none of the links given work since our separation from Treasurenet.
    Has anybody got workable links for these program set-ups?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

527 Quarters = $131.75
    211 Nickels = $15.55
    427 Dimes = $42.70
    1123 Pennies = $11.23
    2 Half Dollars = $1.00
    12 = Dollar Coins = $12.00
    Total Coins = 2,222
    Gold Sale, 4/11 = $219.00
    Gold Sale, 5/27 = $300.00
    YTD = $733.23
    Gunning for Gold!

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"
    Check out the new programs forum M-T
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Detectors
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    Unfortunately, none of the links given work since our separation from Treasurenet.
    Has anybody got workable links for these program set-ups?

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Jake put up a thread just for Programs in the Products thread ....