White's Featured Customer Stories
TWO GOOD WEEKENDS Thanks again White's 1st gold of the year Burlington Northern Rail Road Buckle So many coins

Thread: CoinMaster 6000/di Series 3

CoinMaster 6000/di Series 3

I need help using this puppy. I just recently purchased it and am ready to go out. What is the best settings for finding relics and jewelry? Thanks!! I will be searching community parks and schools.

Re: CoinMaster 6000/di Series 3

Welcome Smith!
    I live my life one target at a time since '67

Detectors
    DFX

Welcome Smith I don't know anything about the 6000Di but if you need the manual to help answer your question you can find it on the White's web site at this link http://www.whiteselectronics.com/man...ter%20Manuals/ . HH

Gold Member

For "relics and jewelry", you'll want to keep your disc. level low. Set it to where you just loose nails and iron, but can still pick up small foil wads. The downside is, you'll get lots of aluminum in the parks. But if you intend not to miss small gold items, it's a price you'd have to pay. You can up your odds at jewelry by going to swimming beaches, instead of turfed parks. Naturally, swimming beaches are more likely to have jewelry, or...... at least it's easier to dig in sand, so you can go through targets faster, w/less mess.

Platinum Member

Smith,

Tom's advice is excellent. I just add that since this particular model has Visual Discriminaton, you'll note that in general, BAD targets won't lock on like GOOD Targets such as coins and rings which have a common denominator: Non-Ferrous and ROUND.

thanks for all the help guys...ive read over the manual a good 3 times so far and I think I got the basics of it. I could run the detector on Geb/Normal mode which tracks all metals no matter what. THere is also the Geb/Disc mode which is good where theres a lotta pull tabs and junk. I think I will go with the Normal mode because this allows me to get all metal and is used for everything ive read many places. Now if I went beach hunting I'd probably use the disc setting because there is a lotta trash at the beach. Anyways, I will fool around with it and thanks for all the help I can't wait to get out.

Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum