Thread: DFX and eclipse 950 coil, any good beach programs available?

DFX and eclipse 950 coil, any good beach programs available?

I have some time from work to hunt Virginia Beach and was wondering if anyone has a reliable program setup for the DFX with a 950 eclipse coil?

Is there a place on the forum where people post programs?
    2009<br />Q: 74 <br />D: 106<br />N: 50<br />P: 210<br />H: 0<br />$1: 0<br />Silv Q: 3<br />Silv D: 7<br />Silv N: 3<br />Rings: 2<br /><br />Total

Re: DFX and eclipse 950 coil, any good beach programs available?

I really don't think you'll have to do much of anything other than watch the junk (pull tabs, bottle caps) etc. depending on the mineralization, but thats not even a problem here in NC. I can't say about Virginia but, if you choose the beach program and adjust Preamp Gain and A/C Gain to the conditions as you move around during the day you will be happy from wet sand to the dunes. I don't use Ratchet, or tone ID when I hunt the surf with my DFX, thats just me, maybe its not the right choice for others but I find that I do better by switching them off and the machine seems to hunt more stabilized. The 950 coil is great on the beach just slow down and let it hunt.

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / 6000D S2

Here's the "basics" .... Adjust to your area / preferences ....

This setup with my DFX / Stock 950 on Daytona Beach will nail quarters at 12" .... You'll hit trash, but you won't miss small rings, thin gold chains, etc. Turn MM = OFF if its "too busy" for you .... It DOES help with small gold however.

Hope this is helpful. Da FoX

Reject -95 to -31
    Accept -30 to +94
    Reject +95

AC = 75
    DC = 40
    PAG = 3
    BCR = 2
    Tone ID = ON
    MOD = OFF
    Ratchet = OFF
    Sweep Speed = 7
    Recovery Speed = 30
    MM = ON
    FREQ = Dual / Best Data
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"

Welcome to the forum Looking forward to seeing your finds
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

well, I went out to the beach for about 2 hours this evening. The program settings posted by DeolslyFoX seemed to help, but I didn't find much. It seemed that with the new program settings, I was getting very inconsistent VDI's for dimes and pennies. Would corrosion have a lot to do with that?

I found a pair of sunglasses, a womans bikini top (didn't pick it up :P) and about 1.00 in change. Is the surf better to detect than the beach area in general? I didn't get a single beep, other than falses, on the surf...
    2009<br />Q: 74 <br />D: 106<br />N: 50<br />P: 210<br />H: 0<br />$1: 0<br />Silv Q: 3<br />Silv D: 7<br />Silv N: 3<br />Rings: 2<br /><br />Total

San Francico Bay Area and Northern California
    Detectors
    Spectra V3i / DFX

Welcome to the Forum
    Take Me Home Country Roads

Yes, after pennies and clad dimes etc. have been in the salt for a time they will sometimes fool you and give a different visual on the screen than what they actually are. I have come to the conclusion that if I hear a "good solid tone" or a "sweet faint whisper".....I dig......you just never know, I have found rings at about +24 VDI that showed up as a pull tab or dime around 9 inches deep, and sometimes the dimes themselves would VDI in the +20 to +40 range, when I would dig them they would be redish in color from the mineralization, and Fox's info is right on the money, he has alot of knowledge on the DFX and I think I'll set my DFX to his specs for my hunting buddy the next time we go to the surf.