White's Featured Customer Stories
Tuning in to Gold Civil War Campsite Hunt with MXT Pro 2 Plus Karat 22K Emerald Ring Coinmaster Pro Finds 10K Gold With Cabochon Ruby 236 Civil War bullets from one hole.

Thread: Spectrum XLT Mixed Mode

Spectrum XLT Mixed Mode

Please ,let's someone post a good program with Mixed Mode turned ON for the XLT .I try to make one but may be i mistake with some settings and the machine stay's unstable . And One question .. How I understand what the metal is in the depth (Iron or not) in Mixed Mode with no VDI numbers and no signagraph readings ?
    Thank You

Detectors
    Whites GMT with the 6x10dd coil,, Whites DFX, W/950, 6x10dd, 4x6dd,super 12 coils. DX-1 and 120 Bullseye pinpointer,, Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones..... M6 is gone, But not forgotton"

Re: Spectrum XLT Mixed Mode

If you have a setting that works for your area, just try changing one setting at a time until it gets unstable and then back it of. Then go to another setting and tweak it until it gets unstable. Just keep doing this until you get your hottest settings. I guess thats what your wanting is a deep hot program.
    Ineptocracy [in-ep-toc'-ra-cy] - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

FNH FNX 40

Yes , I want e Deep program but stable

Detectors
    DFX(2) 4x6DD, 6x12DD, 10DD, 950

OK man, clam down, we are here to help. Now get a and try this. Load the coin program. Go to basic adjustments menu, use the down arrow till you get to mix mode. Press enter. The screen now reads MIX MODE on.
    Change nothing else. This will be the starting point for further changes.
    Squeeze the trigger and start hunting.

Get back to us and let us know how that XLT responds.

Paul in NC
    " ... one man gathers, what another man spills." - Song: St. Stephen, Artist: Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by ncpaul
    OK man, clam down, we are here to help. Now get a and try this. Load the coin program. Go to basic adjustments menu, use the down arrow till you get to mix mode. Press enter. The screen now reads MIX MODE on.

Paul in NC
    OK man but I dont want to hunt with the squeezed trigger , why to make this changes on the Coin program and after this change i will search with squeezed trigger ?

Detectors
    DFX(2) 4x6DD, 6x12DD, 10DD, 950

Quote Originally Posted by Deultum
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpaul

Paul in NC
    OK man but I dont want to hunt with the squeezed trigger , why to make this changes on the Coin program and after this change i will search with squeezed trigger ?
    Squeezing the trigger loads the change and puts the machine in search mode. You could hunt with the trigger squeezed, that would be all metal mode. And that does add depth. I do not recommend it for most hunting scenarios.
    I should of said squeeze the trigger once.

But the example above, of adding MIX MODE will also give some depth. I was hoping to establish a starting point for experimenting with finding deep objects.
    Paul

" ... one man gathers, what another man spills." - Song: St. Stephen, Artist: Grateful Dead

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2

Load your Coin and Jewelry settings and make the following changes:

BASIC ADJUSTMENTS COIN & JEWELRY
    TARGET VOLUME 60
    AUDIO THRESHOLD 12
    TONE (AUDIO FREQ) 231
    AUDIO DISC ON
    SILENT SEARCH OFF
    MIXED MODE ON
    A.C. SENSITIVITY 70
    D.C. SENSITIVITY 35
    BACKLIGHT OFF
    VIEWING ANGLE 25
    PRO OPTIONS
    AUDIO RATCHET PINPOINT OFF
    S.A.T. SPEED 5
    TONE I.D. ON
    V.C.O. ON
    MODULATION OFF
    G.E.B / TRAC AUTO TRAC ON
    TRAC VIEW OFF
    AUTO TRAC SPEED 8
    AUTO TRAC OFFSET 0
    TRAC INHIBIT ON
    COARSE G.E.B. AUTO
    FINE G.E.B. AUTO
    DISCRIMINATIION DISC EDIT / BLOCK EDIT
    Reject -95 - -31
    Accept -30 - -01
    Reject +00 - +02
    Accept +03 - +94
    Reject +95
    LEARN ACCEPT OFF
    LEARN REJECT OFF
    RECOVERY SPEED 30
    BOTTLECAP REJECT 2
    DISPLAY
    VISUAL DISC ON
    ICONS ON
    V.D.I. SENSITIVITY 80
    D.C. PHASE OFF
    GRAPH AVERAGING ON
    GRAPH ACCUMULATE ON
    FADE RATE 7
    SIGNAL
    TRANSMIT BOOST ON
    TRANSMIT FREQ 4
    PREAMP GAIN 3

This will get you a stable Coin and Jewelry settings that employs Mixed Mode. It will get silver dimes at 8" and silver quarters at 10", no problem. It is a variation of the DFX settings that I use, and I run Mixed Mode / 15Khz. If you find its "too hot" for your area, set PAG to 2.

You can tell deep ferrous targets when your threshold "nulls" (goes quiet). However, if you employ this tactic, you are running the risk of missing a deep coin. On the DFX, the SpectraGraph build up is a big help in determining the target composition, but with the XLT, you are better advised to "dig when in doubt".

Remember too, that Mixed Mode is going to be a bit "noisy", because you are hearing BOTH the All Metal AND Disc channels. The All Metal channel audio will be the source of most of your chatter ....

Hope this is helpful. Good luck and good hunting. Da FoX
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Thank You DeolslyFoX , I will put this Program in My XLT and will try it this weekend . In sunday i tell you how it work's for Me .

Hi Again .DeolslyFoX i try your program and i want to say it is a very stable program and very deep . i like it . Thank you . That a result of my today's hunt . I find him in old roman site with many ancient pottery that the XLT reads +95 .
    Thank you again for the program
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 005.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	38781  

Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / 6000D S2

Quote Originally Posted by Deultum
    Hi Again .DeolslyFoX i try your program and i want to say it is a very stable program and very deep . i like it . Thank you . That a result of my today's hunt . I find him in old roman site with many ancient pottery that the XLT reads +95 .
    Thank you again for the program
    You are very welcome. Glad those settings worked out for you. !!! Good finds !!!
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

Detectors
    XLT

hey Fox, can I use that program too
    Just remember that the gold is for us to capture all we want, anywhere,

Detectors

Quote Originally Posted by caretaker
    hey Fox, can I use that program too
    Anything on the forum is "public access". Load the program, go forth and be successful !!! Let us know how it works out for ya', and if you had to make any "tweaks" for your neck of the woods .... Thanks.

Good luck and good hunting. Da FoX