White's Featured Customer Stories
Early Massachusetts Militia button McClellan VS. Lincoln The giving field Deeper isn't always older Coinmaster does it again!

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

  1. #1

    Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Hello all,
    I'm a complete novice at this. Not even sure I know which questions to ask. I recieved a used Coinmaster 6000/D S2 for my 68th birthday. I do have a manuel.
    Now for the questions.
    1. When doing the G.E.B. Field Tuning, is it normal for the meter to go to the mid-range and stay there?
    2. When I take the machine out to practice I'm having trouble maintaining the threshold, it warbles and comes and goes.
    I've got lots more questions, but I'll start with those two.
    The machine was sent to an authorized White's Service Center. They cleaned the pc board contacts, cleaned the 15 pin connector, Tuned and tested, and a new battery box.
    I'd really like to get this machine figured out, according to everything I've read it's a very good detector
    Thanks for any help and advice.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oberlin, Kansas
    Posts
    2,570
    Detectors
    Prizm II Matrix M6

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    no help here but welcome to the forum

  3. #3
    Exalted One Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Augusta GA
    Posts
    16,222

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    do a search for Coinmaster in the search box.....you may find some post already up about that machine

    Welcome to the forum........

  4. #4

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Thanks for the welcome. I've searched coinmaster in this forum and have been checking other on line resources but have not been able to find anything.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lizard-prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bayamon Puerto Rico
    Posts
    74
    Detectors
    5000series2 coinmaster,beachhunter ID,DFX,Spectra V3

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Hello: Don't worry pal I will come to your rescue. I have the next one in this catagory the 5000D series 2 Coinmaster I bought in 1982. Its been 26 years now with me,thanks to him the best blessings have come forth with its use. You certaintly got a blessing in your ownership. I will try to lead you the very least useing my machine as a guideline. Tuner= Place it at about 12:30 or until huming just hits silent 4th marking line clockwise of 6 hit toggle botton and release to regain control if it gets noisey to put it under control again. Volume= max or to your liking. Mode= I just love TR Disk it has and still is my favorite here in Puerto Rico and it has brought me tons of neat stuff over its life span with me and still going strong.I have had not to venture to the other modes in my 26 years but you are welcome to experiment with the others if you wish. Power= Self explainatory. GEB= I place my dial on #5 I don't feel the need to fumble with another number in my many years with my unit but again you can experiment with this knob until you find your likeing combination. Disk(discrimination) My magic #'s are 5 and 7 no other. And by all means the 8 incher coil and the baby coil should be your winning combination I have the other 2 sizes for mine and I just put them to sleep I have had no use for them so far. My meter is only consulted when I use battery cheak I use this information and when I hit 20 in ither the 6 or 8 pack I know its time to change my friends diper. Well with this you should not worry about an instruction manuel but if you get stuck along the way just send me a pm and I will see how much more I can try to configure those controls a yes let me know of your progress in me you have a friend.Yours truely Ralph.
    Sugar is sweet lemon is sour. How many girls can you kiss in an hour?<br />&nbsp; Captain Greco San Salamandr

  6. #6

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Junior
    Hello: Don't worry pal I will come to your rescue. I have the next one in this catagory the 5000D series 2 Coinmaster I bought in 1982. Its been 26 years now with me,thanks to him the best blessings have come forth with its use. You certaintly got a blessing in your ownership. I will try to lead you the very least useing my machine as a guideline. Tuner= Place it at about 12:30 or until huming just hits silent 4th marking line clockwise of 6 hit toggle botton and release to regain control if it gets noisey to put it under control again. Volume= max or to your liking. Mode= I just love TR Disk it has and still is my favorite here in Puerto Rico and it has brought me tons of neat stuff over its life span with me and still going strong.I have had not to venture to the other modes in my 26 years but you are welcome to experiment with the others if you wish. Power= Self explainatory. GEB= I place my dial on #5 I don't feel the need to fumble with another number in my many years with my unit but again you can experiment with this knob until you find your likeing combination. Disk(discrimination) My magic #'s are 5 and 7 no other. And by all means the 8 incher coil and the baby coil should be your winning combination I have the other 2 sizes for mine and I just put them to sleep I have had no use for them so far. My meter is only consulted when I use battery cheak I use this information and when I hit 20 in ither the 6 or 8 pack I know its time to change my friends diper. Well with this you should not worry about an instruction manuel but if you get stuck along the way just send me a pm and I will see how much more I can try to configure those controls a yes let me know of your progress in me you have a friend.Yours truely Ralph.
    Thanks for the advice and I will certainly take advantage of your generous offer of help.

  7. #7
    Platinum Member Aluminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mason County, WV
    Posts
    2,247
    Detectors
    Me: TDI, DFX, XLT, XL Pro, BHID 300, Surf P.I. (Plus), 6000 Di Pro (blue box)

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Hi, welcome, and
    Since setting the GEB is an audio function, I can't say I ever noticed what the needle was doing. In fact, I normally close my eyes so I can concentrate on getting the null just right.
    Are you in GEB norm while setting the null?

    As for threshold, it will change, especially as the mineralization in the ground changes. Pulling the pinpoint trigger in and releasing it will reset the threshold.
    "To do is to be" - Nietzche
    "To be is to do" - Kant
    "Do Be Do Be Do" - Scooby Doo

  8. #8
    Platinum Member Aluminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mason County, WV
    Posts
    2,247
    Detectors
    Me: TDI, DFX, XLT, XL Pro, BHID 300, Surf P.I. (Plus), 6000 Di Pro (blue box)

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Here's some stuff for you to try...
    Set all dials to the 'P' position and go detecting at a tot lot or local park. Don't worry about setting the GEB, it'll most likely be close enough to detect coin sized objects. As you are searching, pay attention to the threshold hum. Do you have to reset it very frequently? Once you have located a buried coin, follow the pinpointing procedures, making note of the depth. Does your meter appear to be fairly accurate?

    Once you have established that you can, indeed, locate coins, then you can tackle the ground balance issue.
    If I recall correctly, the series 2 is a completely manual ground balance machine (does not have auto-trac). This means that when you set the mode switch to GEB norm or GEB max, hold the coil waist high, hold the trigger in, and lower the coil to the ground, you will hear the tone go up or down. If it goes up, turn the GEB knob anticlockwise a touch and repeat. Do this until it reaches null. The drawback to a manual ground balance machine is that as soil conditions change, you will have to rebalance to maintain that null. I wouldn't get too wrapped around that though. Simply check for null whenever you think the mineralization may have changed significantly.
    Here's a tip: when setting ground balance, set it slightly positive (the pitch goes up just a bit). This will enhance the signal from small gold, such as chains and small rings.
    "To do is to be" - Nietzche
    "To be is to do" - Kant
    "Do Be Do Be Do" - Scooby Doo

  9. #9

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Thanks for the information,
    I'll certainly give your advice a try. Also thanks for the B-day greeting....

    Quote Originally Posted by a4wdguy
    Here's some stuff for you to try...
    Set all dials to the 'P' position and go detecting at a tot lot or local park. Don't worry about setting the GEB, it'll most likely be close enough to detect coin sized objects. As you are searching, pay attention to the threshold hum. Do you have to reset it very frequently? Once you have located a buried coin, follow the pinpointing procedures, making note of the depth. Does your meter appear to be fairly accurate?

    Once you have established that you can, indeed, locate coins, then you can tackle the ground balance issue.
    If I recall correctly, the series 2 is a completely manual ground balance machine (does not have auto-trac). This means that when you set the mode switch to GEB norm or GEB max, hold the coil waist high, hold the trigger in, and lower the coil to the ground, you will hear the tone go up or down. If it goes up, turn the GEB knob anticlockwise a touch and repeat. Do this until it reaches null. The drawback to a manual ground balance machine is that as soil conditions change, you will have to rebalance to maintain that null. I wouldn't get too wrapped around that though. Simply check for null whenever you think the mineralization may have changed significantly.
    Here's a tip: when setting ground balance, set it slightly positive (the pitch goes up just a bit). This will enhance the signal from small gold, such as chains and small rings.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator deolslyfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    40,591
    Detectors
    V3i / VX3 / DFX / MXT Pro / M6 / 6T / CM GT / XLT / BH 300 / SURF PI DF / IDX Pro / 6000D S2

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Your lucky day. I have a 6000/D S2 that I've owned since the 80's. Works great. To get started:

    Ground balance in GEB MAX. It's done with tone - pay no attention to the meter. Move the coil up and down slowly about a foot, adjusting until you get no change. If you can't balance, then you may be over metal, so try at another spot.

    Once you are balanced, you are good to go. Set the threshold tone to a light hum in the mode you wish to hunt in and GO!.

    Holler if you have questions. There are probably more old guys with old machines they won't part with like me.

    http://media.whiteselectronics.com/m...ter%20Manuals/

    Above is a link to an on-line operator's manual for the 6000D / S2. Its in PDF, so you'll need Acrobat, which you can get free if you don't have it.

    Hope this helps.

    Good hunting. Da FoX
    If there's anything I hate worse than diggin' pulltabs, its missin' a gold ring.

  11. #11
    Retired Member
    Guest

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    You have a great detector. Learn it well and you should be finding nice items soon.

  12. #12

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Thanks for the response,
    I'm sorry for the delay in replying, I don't get much computer time.
    I'll certainly be trying all the tips I've received since I posted my questions.
    I do have the original manual and I've downloaded the the online version. I just wish I had more time to practice.
    Thanks again,
    Dave.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeolslyFoX
    Your lucky day. I have a 6000/D S2 that I've owned since the 80's. Works great. To get started:

    Ground balance in GEB MAX. It's done with tone - pay no attention to the meter. Move the coil up and down slowly about a foot, adjusting until you get no change. If you can't balance, then you may be over metal, so try at another spot.

    Once you are balanced, you are good to go. Set the threshold tone to a light hum in the mode you wish to hunt in and GO!.

    Holler if you have questions. There are probably more old guys with old machines they won't part with like me.

    http://media.whiteselectronics.com/m...ter%20Manuals/

    Above is a link to an on-line operator's manual for the 6000D / S2. Its in PDF, so you'll need Acrobat, which you can get free if you don't have it.

    Hope this helps.

    Good hunting. Da FoX

  13. #13
    Guru salty dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Grove City,Ohio
    Posts
    5,269
    Detectors
    Whites DFX,V3i.

    Re: Coinmaster 6000/D Series2

    Quote Originally Posted by DeolslyFoX
    Your lucky day. I have a 6000/D S2 that I've owned since the 80's. Works great. To get started:

    Ground balance in GEB MAX. It's done with tone - pay no attention to the meter. Move the coil up and down slowly about a foot, adjusting until you get no change. If you can't balance, then you may be over metal, so try at another spot.

    Once you are balanced, you are good to go. Set the threshold tone to a light hum in the mode you wish to hunt in and GO!.

    Holler if you have questions. There are probably more old guys with old machines they won't part with like me.


    Great Info, Fox,I started on the 6000d2 and ground balance was real important to getting it right,found lots of stuff with it too,before getting my DFX,Dave

    http://media.whiteselectronics.com/m...ter%20Manuals/

    Above is a link to an on-line operator's manual for the 6000D / S2. Its in PDF, so you'll need Acrobat, which you can get free if you don't have it.

    Hope this helps.

    Good hunting. Da FoX
    Life is Short,Make every day count, and Go for the Gold !!!!

Similar Threads

  1. my coinmaster 6000 Di nets my first barber.
    By pahiker2008 in forum Previous Finds - 2010
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 04:35 AM
  2. CoinMaster 6000/di Series 3
    By smith in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
  3. coinmaster 6000 /di
    By Toadman in forum Previous Finds - 2010
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
  4. Coinmaster 6000/D
    By kat in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 05:42 AM
  5. coinmaster 6000 D series 3
    By engineerrich in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •