PDA

View Full Version : Detector Club Members?

Elkfoot
05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
[hello] Just wondering how many on the " Northwest Forum" belong to a "Metal Detector" club? Last night, I found a Club that meets in Springfield, thought I would check it out. It's called "Coil & Diggers Club". Anyone belong to it on this forum?
I live in Marcola and have had a DFX for about 2 years but haven't done a whole lot with it as to date. It seems to be a "penny" magnate as thats about the most of the stuff I find! [laugh] Most looking I've done has been where I live at 'Family Friendly" C/O Club/R.V. park that has been here for over 50 years. Used to be a boys ranch, then a chicken farm, now C/O Club. So there is lot's of junk "under there!", and, it seems, lots of pennys! There is forty acres to hunt so sooner or later I'm bound to find more than the $1.30 I"ve found! Not to mention a ton of nails!

I am retired and stay busy where I Live, but dang! This summer I'm gonna find some places to find more than pennys .[laugh]

Tom a.ka. Elkfoot

Dave
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the Forum !!
Some folks from Oregon are on this Forum [thumbsup]
Good hunting [thumbsup]

Dave

Poker Jim
05-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey Tom,

I live in Lebanon and belong to a club in Albany called the Beaverstate Coinshooters. We actually meet tomorrow, Tuesday May 12. The meeting is at the Allied Waste building in Albany at 7PM. We have general discussion about club business and detecting, then we have a finds competition.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable members that can help you sort out the DFX. I use an MXT myself, so I might not be much help. Some of the members have moved on to the V3 but I am sure DFX knowledge is still fresh in their minds. Not to mention Bob Canaday(rcsnake/Bob@Whites) is also a member, one of the best in the business and a great teacher, although he will try and say he knows nothing. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Think about stopping by if you like, everyone is welcome. Nothing but finds and detector talk for an hour or two.

"Poker" Jim

Elkfoot
05-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome Dave. Thanks to "Poker Jim" also and for his invite to a club meeting which I for sure will get to soon as the club is not that far from where I live.

May all your VDI's be a treasure ;D ;D ;D

paul09
07-05-2009, 04:56 PM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM [cool] [thumbsup] [thewave] [hello]

gr8thr
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey I used to belong to Beaver State... A few years ago... Late 80's.. Southern Oregon has a good club... Rogue Valley Coinshooters. http://www.roguevalleycoinshooters.com/index.htm